3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

3 more tides on the breakie Empty
PostSubject: 3 more tides on the breakie   3 more tides on the breakie EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Back to HHB Saturday morning, just took the spinning rod this time, prawn tipped sabiki starting 100 yards from the end on the inside and gradually working my way back along the breakie, occasionally swapping the lead for a lure - shouldn't have bothered, after the night before's "layer cake" Wrasse all I had was drizzle (rain not lemon cake!) down my neck - at least I had the place almost to myself.

3 more tides on the breakie 20200733

Most exciting things were a "take" on the lure from a deadman's finger and someone's lost feather rig complete with pyriamid weight ( it put up a great scrap!)

Went for a dry out and got some ragworm from Winnie's ready for the forecast improved weather for Saturday night.

It was like a different season in the evening, glaring hot and little breeze.

The breakie was pretty well packed, too busy for my liking really, I was struck by the number of people with carp barrows of gear! Travelled
light myself with as little as possible.

3 more tides on the breakie 20200739

Small Wrasse from the off were eager for rag tipped sabiki, a fellah to my right had a good spider crab but mostly I was seeing doggies pulled in by the packful.

3 more tides on the breakie 20200740

As the sun sank whitebait was cruising the wall, they didn't look like predators were after them but I swapped the lead
over to a herring lure and  dropped it in to the whitebait anyway and was rewarded first chuck, small but welcome!

3 more tides on the breakie 20200741

3 more tides on the breakie 20200742

3 more tides on the breakie 20200743

Sunday morning I was back again and the breakie was much quieter and more relaxing for it, doggies were still the main thing coming in for those casting out fish baits.

I persisted with rag tipped sabiki, no bites until half an hour in to the ebb when assorted minis turned up pretty well every drop

3 more tides on the breakie 20200745

Tried experimenting with a heavy wire
coarse feeder thinking I'd use up washed out or mushy bait in it but came to the conclusion it needed either a maggot type feeder of something like bread to bind the stuff together

3 more tides on the breakie 20200746

Two fellahs fishing the outside behind me lost a predictable amount of lead, but when one hoisted up a Ballan of a good 3Lb it looked well worth it!

Last edited by Notbad on Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7847

PostSubject: Re: 3 more tides on the breakie   3 more tides on the breakie EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 2:58 pm

Well done Paul a mixed bag can’t be bad. fishing fish fish
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6680

PostSubject: Re: 3 more tides on the breakie   3 more tides on the breakie EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 9:43 pm

Great interesting report Paul thanks for sharing the experience some great pictures ,Clive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 more tides on the breakie   3 more tides on the breakie Empty

Back to top Go down

3 more tides on the breakie
Page 1 of 1