sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? Empty
PostSubject: Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?     Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 9:10 pm

I'd intended doing more coarse fishing this year, not sure if that is going to happen now but I've just taken delivery of a Daiwa feeder rod, its an Airity 12/13

It would be rude not to put an appropriate reel on it

If you were going to buy a reel to go with it what would you choose?

Any thoughts on line whilst you are at it?

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? Afq10

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? 20200439[/url]

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? 20200440

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? 20200441

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? 20200442
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?     Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? EmptyFri May 01, 2020 8:50 am

As in sea angling there`s a multitude of different reels/lines and opinions....i do feeder fishing on lakes and rivers and find a 4000 size reel covers most situations....as for line it all depends on where you`re fishing...on lakes and clean rivers 6lb to 8lb main line will be fine...on rivers like Ribble and Severn you will often fish in and around rock channels so lines up to 15lb are needed( but then a slightly bigger reel). There`s not a lot of price difference between standard reels and bait runners,so i would opt for the latter to give you a bit of freedom to answer a call of nature e.t.c or if you`re having a brew and not fully concentrating.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7847

PostSubject: Re: Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?     Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? EmptyFri May 01, 2020 10:35 am

That looks very nice and quite expensive. I hope you get the chance to use it we expect to see some pictures of some very big fish. fishing cth
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?     Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? EmptyFri May 01, 2020 11:00 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
...I hope you get the chance to use it we expect to see some pictures of some very big fish. fishing cth

Me too!!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?     Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? EmptyFri May 01, 2020 11:08 pm

Yozzer wrote:
As in sea angling there`s a multitude of different reels/lines and opinions....i do feeder fishing on lakes and rivers and find a 4000 size reel covers most situations....as for line it all depends on where you`re fishing...on lakes and clean rivers 6lb to 8lb main line will be fine...on rivers like Ribble and Severn you will often fish in and around rock channels so lines up to 15lb are needed( but then a slightly bigger reel). There`s not a lot of price difference between standard reels and bait runners,so i would opt for the latter to give you a bit of freedom to answer a call of nature e.t.c or if you`re having a brew and not fully concentrating.

Thanks Yozzer, 4000 size is the size I'm
looking at, never thought of that rationale for a bait runner!  I'm thinking I'll be investing in extra spools to have flexibility on lines including between braid and mono as well as breaking strain.  

Ordered various hooks to nylon today.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4951

PostSubject: Re: Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?     Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:40 pm

You could use slightly heavier braid,and use a mono leader.
That way,with the lack of stretch in the braid you will have more contact with what is going on with the fish.
30lb braid is fine,yet easier to handle,and you get less wind knots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?     Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reel indecision, which reel do you reckon?
Page 1 of 1