Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Wednesday 11 March 2020

Kinmel Bay today 20200316

With an 8.41m tide due at mid day  I opted for
Kinmel Bay a couple of hours before High.  
In the distance I could see Splash Point was living up to its name.

Kinmel Bay today 20200317

Kinmel Bay today 20200318

No crocks of gold or the hoped for Silver but Mr Whiting saved the blank.

Kinmel Bay today 20200319
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 pm

Could win fish of the month the way things are going Wink
Back to top Go down

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Good effort laaaaaaaaaaaaaa....it`s somewhere i`ve been meaning to get around to fish.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:20 am

Well done Notbad. Does the tide move far there as I find it hard going these day chasing the tide. cth
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 am

Well,you got out there,and a whiting saved the day.
Nice going. lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Well done Notbad. Does the tide move far there as I find it hard going these day chasing the tide. cth

If fishing high tide it doesn't move far ( low tide is a very different matter entirely)

Parking is by the beach, says pay and display but no machines there at the moment.

There is a height barrier to the car park, if you have a high roof vehicle be careful but you could park nearby.
Parking on the Kinmel Bay side of the harbour and fishing that end is also an option.

At Kinmel Bay I used the carpark along the road from Asda. There is a low wall or floodgate to get over  on to the beach ( a couple of feet) or a fewyards towards Rhyl there is a pedestrian ramp I think)

Last edited by Notbad on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 7:30 pm

I went back there today, fishing from about 90 minutes before High until 30 minutes after.

The wind was stronger than yesterday, slightly different in direction and blowing straight along the beach from Towyn, making for a good surf but things got uncomfortable at times.

I thought about trying a different angle somewhere along the coast but stayed put and a 6oz lead coped OK

Yesterday weed didn't trouble me but today it was collecting on the leader knot and a bit of a pain some of the time.

Spotting bites would be difficult...or would have been had there been any.

Kinmel Bay today 20200322

Yesterday I was confident of catching something, today I wasn't - may be that is the difference!

Kinmel Bay today 20200323
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 9:05 am

Notbad wrote:
Kirky's Dad wrote:

If fishing high tide it doesn't move far ( low tide is a very different matter entirely)

Parking is by the beach, says pay and display but no machines there at the moment.

There is a height barrier to the car park, if you have a high roof vehicle be careful but you could park nearby.
Parking on the Kinmel Bay side of the harbour and fishing that end is also an option.

At Kinmel Bay I used the carpark along the road from Asda. There is a low wall or floodgate to get over  on to the beach ( a couple of feet) or a fewyards towards Rhyl there is a pedestrian ramp I think)

Thanks for that thumbs up
Back to top Go down

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 11:31 am

Still managed to get out which is good. It was blowing a gale up here yesterday!
Back to top Go down

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Quote :

Yesterday I was confident of catching something, today I wasn't - may be that is the difference!
It`s a funny thing that fish should`nt pick up on,but we have a run of sessions when we know we`re fishing well and catching,then you have times when you start doubting little things you`re doing and struggle fish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinmel Bay today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinmel Bay today    Kinmel Bay today Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinmel Bay today
Page 1 of 1