sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

day two at kinmel bay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

day two at kinmel bay Empty
PostSubject: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm

went to kinmel bay with my dad so we could get some bait for the trips we've got coming up and decided i'd take a rod "just incase" and the one rig still attached from yesterday
got down about an hour before low and started pumping some worms when cambodian came down with his rod for an hour. first cast resulted in one of those horrible cracking sounds you sometimes get. set up again (thanks to cam for the rig and lead) and left the rod to carry on looking for worms
low water came and cam decided he was too cold and called it a day, i stayed pumping worms, glancing at my rod every now and then until it disappeared. found the rod rest then my rod about 5 ft infront of it underwater...fish on
a nice little scrap resulted in another specie for me this year and a good size too

day two at kinmel bay Dsc00212

the following casts resulted in huge amounts of weed so i left to wrap my worms. two days, two fish, two species, can't complain at that
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6163

PostSubject: Re: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Nice one !

cam gets very cold, everyone else packs a spare scarf for him !

only kidding cam !
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9931

PostSubject: Re: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:15 pm

nice one mate will be waiting for day 3 Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:18 pm

stevo wrote:
nice one mate will be waiting for day 3 Very Happy Very Happy

might be a while yet. i'm needed to work for my grandad the next 2 days followed by trips over the weekend. see what happens next week but i want to go to anglesey one day if i get chance, add some more species to the list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:35 pm

gladiator wrote:
simon we are going to the island on sunday m8, if you want to come.
well done on the fish m8.

i did see but i've got trips sunday and monday so i won't be able to, cheers anyway
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9174

PostSubject: Re: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 pm

simon parry wrote:
first cast resulted in one of those horrible cracking sounds

You may want to consider a Fixed Spool Reel. I never have any problems with them Smile Smile Smile

Well done on a decent Flounder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Cambodian wrote:
Err

Just realised that greedy beggar took a 4/0!!!

Yoiks affraid

right down it as well. and as my t-bar was on the rod rest and therefore went missing when it went over it took a while getting out. i did have a little panic when my rod went. i don't want to lose that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: day two at kinmel bay   day two at kinmel bay Empty

Back to top Go down

day two at kinmel bay
Page 1 of 1