headwyn
Rhod Lloyd
Kirky's Dad
MusselMan
Logger
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Poor planning! Awesome day Empty
PostSubject: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Ok, here we go. Not exactly fishing related but *warning..may contain fish*
My brother "old greg" gave my youngest a snorkel and some goggles. Tried and tested in the paddling pool he was up for some hard-core rock pools:)
We stopped off on the way and I got him a diving mask as I thought it would be more comfortable and let him see better...I spotted a full face snorkel mask but no size would fit him properly but it did me...so I bought it and I'm glad I did.
Anyhow, I now know why people do it. It was absolutely awesome, so much going on and no effort required. We found safe places with little risk and went in, at one point the pool below me was about 8feet deep. I kept the littlun in areas he could stand safely. Literally we just floated around and there was loads going on in the pools, the sunlight looked like electricity flowing through the seaweed. As the water dropped I remembered I had my action cam so thought I would take a few videos, gutted. I was playing about with it the day before and had it on max settings, 1080p and HDR. It's been fine on 720p with HDR but there was so much going on with the light and and trying to focus it just simply could not cope. It was only 23quid so can't expect miracles,  just wish I hadn't been messing with settings now.
There was definitely 5 different round fish and 2 flat fish species and something that looked a bit straighter than a sea horse but same fins and movement. Oh and we saw a pipe fish!
Video is poor, if the weather and tides play ball we will try again this weekend. The bleep is me saying a naughty word...proper Wigan accent follows. So apologies as I wasn't going to put it on due the quality, it really does not do it justice. Live and learn.

https://youtu.be/fahdZtnkRpY
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Fantastic video I've given it a thumbs up thumbs up
And the moral of the story is If it ain't broke don't fix it rolling laugh
A lesson I still need to learn Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Logger wrote:
Fantastic video I've given it a thumbs up thumbs up
And the moral of the story is If it ain't broke don't fix it rolling laugh
A lesson I still need to learn Suspect

Cheers! Rock on
Next one will be better, scouts promise
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:04 am

Magic Simon,pure magic.
Little tip,if you are in deeper water,fill your lungs with air,and you will float like a cork(you won't sink.)
It's an energy saving survival tip.When you need another breath,blow out through your snorkel,take a couple of breaths,and fill your lungs back up.
You can hang suspended in the water for hours without using any energy.
Snorkels with a cut off ball are not advisable,they make you lose control of your breathing when they cut off.
If you dive below 5ft,you need to pinch your nose,and blow your ears out(the soft rubber nosepiece in your mask)this equalizes the pressure in your ears and stops your ears hurting.
You might already know this,but I thought it might help if you don't.
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Looks fine to me. I bought an HD tv a few years back only to discover the resolution issue was with my eyes. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:45 pm

That is a very good vidio. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6463

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 am

Excelent bit of video, there is more to seaweed than when you see it washed up on the beach. The pipe fish are related to sea horses, they swim, hold on to weed and feed the same way, I have found smaller ones here, but that one was big.
Shame you could not have filmed some pin whiting it would have kept Logger happy for hours.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8052

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Great video.

I know Dans got one of these cameras too. Cracking quality pictures. I might have to invest.
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6036

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Never ceases to amaze me just what's buzzing around down there a good cheap camera for that job is an Akaso EK7000 4K ULTRA HD you get the remote all the mountings with it mine was less than £40 & its excellent im just going to put a video from June on taken with the very camera bear in mind its been edited & compressed too you'll be amazed at the quality
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 9:06 pm

I bought a cheap waterproof video camera a few years ago, even the underwater films turned out better than I expected, only drawback is the display screen was impossible to see outside - always had to wait until I was back inside to see if I’d actually filmed anything.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 pm

Notbad wrote:

always had to wait until I was back inside to see if I’d actually filmed anything.

Did you take the cap off Suspect
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 pm

tatch wrote:

im just going to put a video from June on taken with the very camera bear in mind its been edited & compressed too you'll be amazed at the quality

Delete button on standby Ron Exclamation lol! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6036

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 1:48 am

Logger wrote:
tatch wrote:

im just going to put a video from June on taken with the very camera bear in mind its been edited & compressed too you'll be amazed at the quality

Delete button on standby Ron Exclamation lol! Embarassed
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 6:19 am

Rhod Lloyd wrote:

Shame you could not have filmed some pin whiting it would have kept Logger happy for hours.

Typical there's never one around when you want one What a Face
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9916

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Great vid mate thumbs up
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 2:25 am

headwyn wrote:
Great video.

I know Dans got one of these cameras too. Cracking quality pictures. I might have to invest.

Have a look on "Wish" the prices are reasonable,I've just bought two self inflating auto life jackets for 16 quid each.
You only have to register to buy stuff.
I bought two wrist computer/phones with a camera (touch screen) for 12 quid each.(if I was a bit younger I'd know how they work. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor planning! Awesome day   Poor planning! Awesome day Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor planning! Awesome day
Page 1 of 1