4 posters
AuthorMessage
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6148

Cornwall early July Empty
PostSubject: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Been a long long time since ive posted in here (allthough I still log on and read the site most days). Not fished salt water for a good 3 or 4 years now and am heading down Cornwall (Redruth) in July and taking the father in law. I want to have a few sessions but as the father in law is none to good on his paws and me being an idle git Im looking for a nice easy access into a decent depth of water to drop a line as opposed to casting. Anyone any recommendations for me please ?

This is the only forum im registered on now.

Last edited by ianroberts on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:28 am

Can't help you there Ian but it's good to have you on board still thumbs up
Do you fish fresh water at all ?
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:24 am

Yes mate, started last year, loads of day ticket waters within a ten mile drive for me here. Going through that "surely you dont need another rod" stuff again with the Mrs now as I build up my gear. Going to need some more holders for my Coarse gear.

Cornwall early July 16406941_1523027804393956_4012070834188219271_n

Last edited by ianroberts on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:29 am

That's not an easy one,you could look at St Ives a bit lower down.The only place I can think of is Newly but thats a 20ml trek from Redruth.
Why don't you get in touch with the Cornish tourist board,they are pretty helpful.
If you don't mind crossing the peninsular to Falmouth,I'm pretty sure there are a few places
there with deep water.
There's a couple of docks up towards the Lizard from Penzance,have a google.
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:34 am

Traveling by car is no problem at all mate, its the trek from the car to the mark im trying to reduce

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:11 am

I have fished at Porthleven,you can fish next to the car,just follow the road down and choose your spot.Nice and easy,and plenty of water.
Watched the crab boats come in and sort out the sizes,they lob the small ones back in.
Fished Mullion cove as well,if you can get right to the bottom of the road to park,you are on the dock and harbour,some cracking spots.Have to watch your step if it's choppy so you don't get blown in.The left of the harbour is a short walk (200yds) but it has a safety rail.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:16 am

I've been to Cornwall quite a lot but always stopped down on the Lizard so only know the spots around there. There is one that fits your needs Porthallow if you want to dirive that far. You go to it down some very narrow lanes but you drive onto the beach and walk 20 yard and wet your line. It is my favourite place heaven there is an honesty box for parking, toilets and a pub about 100 houses if that. There are flat rocks to the left of the beach which you can fish of at low tide and some ruff ground to the right clear ground in front of you. I would think that between the rocks and the ruff is 200 yards. You can fish of the flat rocks all the time they are well above the water but when the tide is in getting on them of the beach is a little difficult but not impossible.
Just writing this makes me wish I was there. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:39 am

Hope you can do us a report on the coarse fishing I'm starting to get in to that myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
I've been to Cornwall quite a lot but always stopped down on the Lizard so only know the spots around there. There is one that fits your needs Porthallow if you want to dirive that far. You go to it down some very narrow lanes but you drive onto the beach and walk 20 yard and wet your line. It is my favourite place heaven there is an honesty box for parking, toilets and a pub about 100 houses if that. There are flat rocks to the left of the beach which you can fish of at low tide and some ruff ground to the right clear ground in front of you. I would think that between the rocks and the ruff is 200 yards. You can fish of the flat rocks all the time they are well above the water but when the tide is in getting on them of the beach is a little difficult but not impossible.
Just writing this makes me wish I was there. thumbs up

Haha,me too,I used to camp at kenneck sands,and fish,also at Cadgewith cove.
My legs won't hold up these days,so my camping days are over.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Logger wrote:
Hope you can do us a report on the coarse fishing I'm starting to get in to that myself Very Happy

So what are you looking for my mate,advice,tips?
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 1:45 pm

This place never fails to give excellent info, thanks lads I'll certainly let you know how we get on.

Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 5:41 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Logger wrote:

So what are you looking for my mate,advice,tips?

Always lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cornwall early July   Cornwall early July Empty

Back to top Go down

Cornwall early July
Page 1 of 1