sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie looking for info

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Newbie looking for info Empty
PostSubject: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:34 pm

Hi all ok I just signed up as we now live with in a good drive of Rhyl , the wife grew up in Rhyl but well never really fished , I love fishing and want to know when is the best mackerel times up there .
Also any good spots if people don't mind sharing the info I know some do not like to tell of a good spot to keep it to themselves.
many thanks
Tight lines
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13881

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Welcome to the forum mate cheers
The best time for Maccy bashing is right now over anywhere at high water especially if it offers any sort of depth and a flat sea so that's a big tide from Llandudno to Rhyl's splash point and probably beyond fishing
Their either there or not but there's always a chance and the time is now fishing
I love Maccy bashing especially on light gear Cool

Good luck and let us all know how it goes thumbs up

Logger
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Remember when choosing your feathers that small hooks catch big fish too but big hooks usually miss the target Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13629

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Welcome,

I'm guessing you have a Weirauch!

Rhyl is a bit optimistic for Maccy off the shore, Colwyn is a better bet

Like Logger says they are either there or not, probably not!
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8051

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 1:14 am

Welcome to the forum.

As the others have said, Colwyn Bay prom and Llandudno North Shore will give you a lot better chance than Rhyl.

I had some at Colwyn Bay a couple of weeks ago.

You need to watch the weather as its not much good going during or straight after a rough spell when the water is coloured. The water needs to be clear for the Mackeral to feed close in. Fish over high water and silver or white feathers usually work best.

They should be around until the end of September at least.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Thank you all for the nice welcome and the info , I will be packing my bag and checking the high tide times for a trip to hopefully get some nice mackerel for my tea and the freezer .
@Notbad
yea I love the weihrauch rifles as well they are by far the quality if you looking to shoot straight ,the wife and I both love shooting to and a nice fat pigeon now and then or a bunny what more can be said .
tight lines and thanks again
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Good luck keep us posted thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13629

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:49 pm

HW95K wrote:

@Notbad
yea I love the weihrauch rifles as well they are by far the quality if you looking to shoot straight ,the wife and I both love shooting to and a nice fat pigeon now and then or a bunny what more can be said .

Yeah heavy but I liked them, had an HW77 in .177 and a HW35Export in .22, my ears still ring from too much pigeon fun with a 12 bore though!

Last edited by Notbad on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4945

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Notbad wrote:
HW95K wrote:

@Notbad

Yeah heavy but I liked them, had an HW77 in .177 and a HW35Export in .22, my ears still ring from too much pigeon fun with a 12 bore though!
I had the HW 77 and the HW 80,both in .177,the 80 was an older model,but what a tool.
I have got the Airarms S400 classic in .177,had it from new.Logun moderator,Simmons 4-12x40 AO scope
on it,and air bottle and fittings.
I've still got permission on a couple of farms near Chester,but I've not been for a while because of my dodgy foot.it's just a show piece now,I hate getting old. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking for info   Newbie looking for info Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie looking for info
Page 1 of 1