sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In search of silver !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

In search of silver ! Empty
PostSubject: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:56 am

I took a trip back to my hometown to fish the Conwy Estuary where I spent most of my youth fishing.
Target was the elusive Bass!
Armed with fresh welsh black lug and some big old devon peelers, I met up with my uncle and his mate Tom.
The tide was running quite fast still when we got there, so waited for it to ease slightly, then cast in, only about a 30-40 yard chuck. I was plagued by weed for the first couple of chucks and it was taking me 10 minutes to bring it in. Once it had eased, the weight settled nicely and I noticed my uncle bringing in a nice silver of 1 & 1/2lb. I then got a little knock on the rod and thought it was a whiting or codling but it was my first silver in 27 years !! (I have had a break of 25 1/2 years though  Wink  )
35cm and just over a pound  Very Happy
In search of silver ! 6dd2a0f0-df83-483e-aafd-ec2cb8e49431

Within 10 minutes I was in again, much better bite and it fought all the way in. 50cm and weighing 2lb 11oz
In search of silver ! C3D8D353-B2D9-4C45-B10A-D64F06549488

Another 10 minutes and bang, the rod went again. This time 45cm and just over 2lb
In search of silver ! E2184C71-0B04-4775-AD63-F76A21C29185

Shortly after this, Tom pulled in a 2 1/2lber, so all three of us had achieved target fish.

The bites dried up for about an hour before the whiting showed up ! All 9 in total ! Rolling Eyes
In search of silver ! Bc51ae0c-8acf-46a0-9b49-66868b31c8ad

And very last cast, I thought Billy bass had showed up again. A great bite and it fought all the way in, I was really excited to get it to the shore as I was positive it was a much bigger specimen, only to be disappointed with a rare estuary doggie ! I had hooked him in the midrift and reeled him in sideways !
In search of silver ! 719214a9-013c-434d-9076-3581295d65f6

It was a great session, and I cannot wait until July 1st when I can take home a fish I have caught Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:22 am

Well done mate.
Good trip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 2:07 pm

A great result mate, well done and good set of pics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Cracking result well done owdd I was there sat for the day with my kids but never fished there ..
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Well done good result. cheers
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9916

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Happy days well done mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:44 pm

A bag of silver there or what!
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6036

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Nice result there for you well done cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Well done, cracking session Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:43 pm

great report and nice set of pics well done on the bass bye
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Great report and pics well done Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In search of silver !   In search of silver ! Empty

Back to top Go down

In search of silver !
Page 1 of 1