sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What was the first fish you ever caught?

Go down 
+3
Kirky's Dad
Logger
headwyn
7 posters
AuthorMessage

What was the first fish you ever caught? Empty
PostSubject: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 1:05 am

Thought this question might get me know some members abit better,and a little of me and a little nostalgia to boot!
Mine was a small crucian carp from burnthill fishpond, nr Bradfield, berks.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8052

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:00 am

These are already on here under another thread of old fishing photos but it was a long time ago so.........

My first fish was a Perch from the Brickie in Rhyl. About 3 ounces. 1984.

What was the first fish you ever caught? Scan0002-1

My first sea fish was a Flounder weighing about a pound, caught in front of the castle at Caernarfon. 1984/5?

What was the first fish you ever caught? Scan0001-3
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:39 am

Mine was a Mackerel I think on a boat trip out from Rhos on sea 1990.
Didn't get interested in fishing until about ten years ago Exclamation
Still got a lot to learn too Smile study
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:44 am

Mine was a Roach in about 1953 from a local lake (Patshull Park). First sea fish was a Mackerel from a boat trip at Brixham about the same time. fishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 1:40 pm

I don't remember it but I've been told it was a dab from splash point on December 26 1987, the day after I got my first fishing rod for christmas.....I'd have been almost 20 months old. Something tells me I had a lot of help with that one

My daughter beat me on age though. She caught her first fish, a mackerel, at 18 months old on my boat
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9916

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 6:16 pm

Mine was a little perch from debdale park cth

my first sea fish was a little eel from rhyl harbour cth
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 6:25 pm

A flattie of some sort over the wall at Bridlington, early 1960's couldn't see over the wall, remember the bait wrapped in newspaper as much as anything ( nowt changes!)

also have a photo somewhere of being a baby in my mothers arms in a rowing boat fishing outside the harbour not a life jacket in sight. Before elf n safety, well there had been a war not all that long before after all so what was a bit of danger to bother about!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Dab... Mostyn. fishing
Back to top Go down
wormdrowner
Cod Hunter

Number of posts : 210
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5523

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 6:25 pm

Stickleback on a length of cotton with garden worm tied on the end
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 10:57 pm

OK, Think mine was a flounder from the River Clwyd back of Sun Valley Holiday camp, mid 60s,  my dad never seen what he started. He also showed me L.F.C. I will be forever grateful. And he never showed me how to spelll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Dab. Colwyn Bay pier 1978 ish. Carried it all the way home to Old Colwyn for my mum to cook.......
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6463

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 4:10 am

Back in the dark ages, we lived in an old 1590's farm house near Cilcain, at the bottom of the one acre of land was one of the areas emergency water supplies for drought periods, with a paved area for the horse and cart to turn. Over the spring a small brick shed about 1m square and high with at one time a wooden door long gone by about 1950, there was about 30cm of water inside over gravel and sand with a few rocks. As soon as I could toddle down there I was fascinated by the sand bouncing over the spring, then I saw the bull heads (millers thumb) which hid under the stones. During the 25 years we lived there, once water stopped flowing from the spring but still some in the "well"
My first attempts were with a bent pin on a bit of cotton, the first one was probably snagged as it was a while before the first worm was impaled on the pin and the catch rate rocketed untill I had caught all four of them.
So, self taught, and a very long learning curve. First sea fish, probably a flounder in the Fforyd harbour during school holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the first fish you ever caught?   What was the first fish you ever caught? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was the first fish you ever caught?
Page 1 of 1