sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith Empty
PostSubject: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Popped down to the Ffrith this afternoon fishing over low water just using up some lug pumped yesterday (blank fishing session)

Quite a bit of weed in the water, gummed up my lines and that of my 6yr old sons line too. this made retreival rather difficult.

Wind was steady raising a small chop on the water. i fished using clipped down 2hook paternosters and my son used 2 hook flappers casting between 50-80yrds.

son caught a velvet swimming crab which pleased him no end and i was rewarded with an eel of about a pound and a bit which tied itself in knots then appeared to have died, however lots of gentle coaxing in the surf soon had it swimming off strongly again which pleased me as eels are scarce these days. the son wanted to eat it!

Bait used up, we packed up, tore all the weed off everything and went home, a mere 1 & 1/2hrs after arriving. still, another blank avoided!

Endex
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Got to be in it to win it.

By the way the Admin Team have given the thumbs up to you being Joker's First Aider at the next forum meet!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Just noticed the title!

You'll do for us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 7:01 pm

well done for getting out and not blanking nice report fish fish fishing
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13892

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 7:11 pm

Great report and title well done cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Great report mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Yeah it was good to get out. nothing better than chasing an eel down the beach!

"thumbs up"? No pun intended eh?? I noticed my profile now sports sunnyrhyl medic! Like it. free paramedic with every trip...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Great title good report great to here your son is interestef in our sport kids are our future
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9926

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Well done mate cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:34 pm

My youngest is fishing mad, he wants to go every evening after school, be it bait collecting or getting his 11ft bass rod out, he doesnt mind a blank or two just so long as a fish is caught by one of us. his favourite photo is of a 6lb cod off splashpoint this winter past. he posed with it and kept walking around with it. he helped me gut it clean it fillet and cook it and eat it. he loves learning about it all and wants to eat everything we catch. ive been having to explain size limits to him! Still its really nice to see him so into it, on his wishlist is all fishing gear and to catch his first sea fish single handed (as far as he can manage) i keep telling him he's getting closer. no reason why lug on a flapper rig wont work but his luck isnt running at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:45 pm

Sounds like he got plenty of interest and patience cant wait to meet this little angler mate
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Get him to Talacre mate then he'll be hooked for life Cool
I'm more than happy to meet up with you there for a session if you like Wink
As long as you both don't mind a walk lol!
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6046

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Nice one an eel beats a blank any day cheers & if the young un enjoyed it so much the better fishing fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 12:35 am

Logger,

i would be up for a trip to talacre for a session with my son if thats ok. ive heard good things about talacre but havent fished it myself yet. i'll see what shift patterns my wife and i are on and sort something out from there. im currently working nights in A&E at the moment then the wife is back in working. (we are both nurses) i'll PM you in due course if thats alright? Gotta sort transport as only have one car! Jack (my son) is obssesed with rays and smoothounds at the moment! Is talacre a good mark for bites?? We fish the Ffrith as its walking distance from home. I would love to see him land his first sea fish it would make his day!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 7:15 am

ouchthathurt wrote:
Logger,

i would be up for a trip to talacre for a session with my son if thats ok. ive heard good things about talacre but havent fished it myself yet. i'll see what shift patterns my wife and i are on and sort something out from there. im currently working nights in A&E at the moment then the wife is back in working. (we are both nurses) i'll PM you in due course if thats alright? Gotta sort transport as only have one car! Jack (my son) is obssesed with rays and smoothounds at the moment! Is talacre a good mark for bites?? We fish the Ffrith as its walking distance from home. I would love to see him land his first sea fish it would make his day!

Talacre is the place to take him definitely Very Happy
Would have to be a weekend though as I'm away through the week fishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 12:42 am

Works for me mate. although my darling wife crashed the car this morning so i will have to wait a few weeks before i can arrange something. she is completely ok though which is the most important thing. cars can be repaired after all. ive paid for all the insurance and protected no claims after all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:10 am

Good report mate fishing
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:24 am

ouchthathurt wrote:
Works for me mate. although my darling wife crashed the car this morning so i will have to wait a few weeks before i can arrange something. she is completely ok though which is the most important thing. cars can be repaired after all. ive paid for all the insurance and protected no claims after all!

Glad your Mrs is ok Very Happy
When your ready we'll look for a big tide then go and grab a Dab Cool
Anyone wishing to join us is more than welcome fishing Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith   R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith Empty

Back to top Go down

R-eel-y quick session at the Ffrith
Page 1 of 1