Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13843

Point Lynas Parking Empty
PostSubject: Point Lynas Parking   Point Lynas Parking EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 12:52 pm

In the past people have had trouble with the owner of Point Lynas Lighthouse, including myself, when parking their car.
The road seems to be an ordinary council road so after my "run in" I got in touch with the council for some clarification and here was the reply:

The extent of the public highway to Point Lynas terminates at the roundabout by Llaneilian with a public footpath proceeding along the road towards the light house before turning off and continuing along the coast.

A private landlord may impose parking restrictions on his/her own land as seems to be the case on Point Lynas. Parking enforcement on private land is unregulated without the requirement to involve the local authority. However under the Protection of Freedoms Act which came into force on 1 October 2012, it is unlawful for the landlord to either clamp or remove vehicles. Parking enforcement can only be implemented by means of penalty notices with a requirement for signs to be placed to inform motorists of any possible restrictions.

I trust the above clarifies parking matters on the land around Point Lynas.

Yours sincerely,

Mr A Roberts

Traffic and Transport Section

Highways, Waste and Property Service

Isle of Anglesey County Council

So it seems that we don't have the right to park there at all as its a private road Exclamation
Would be nice if there was a clear sign saying so.
Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of visiting the area.
Back to top Go down

Point Lynas Parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point Lynas Parking   Point Lynas Parking EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Thanks Dave, I park up there when I go as was told that the old owner who put the signs up has moved on, met him once and he was a really nice guy ( Rolling Eyes honestly) told us we couldn't park there so we use to drop the gear off at the top then move the car to the car park near the toilets just before the roundabout, bit of a walk but you know it won't be clamped when you get back to it, for the last two years I just parked at the top
Back to top Go down

Point Lynas Parking
Page 1 of 1