sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
headwyn
Wolf Fish Hunter

Number of posts : 1886
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5410

PostSubject: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:42 pm

After having a Dabtastic time at the meet last Sunday, I took Rhys on a castwatch patrol as the tide was flooding this afternoon.

Mehmet was at his usual mark, and reeled in this as we chatted.

He had already had Flounders and Whiting, so it was decided to head home, wrap up warm and grab some gear and manky frozen lug to hit the Point at high.

Called in at Terrys on the way past and didn’t have to twist his arm too much to get him to join us.

We got to the Point at 4.30. I was hoping to fish off the prom rather than have Rhys reeling in over the rocks, but as there were several people setting up near the flashy light, we decided to drop onto the concrete and see how we got on. We slotted in next to Mehmet and Terry soon joined us. Another angler came and fished to our right, just as it was getting dark.

It was a fish a cast, even for Rhys who was using a 3oz lead on a small spinning rod with braid. I was casting for him, so was getting 40 to 50 yards but his rod was banging every cast! He did miss a few bites from being too eager to reel in, but put me and the old man in the shade with his catch rate. He also stayed near his rod all the time we were there, watching avidly, and didn’t whinge about being bored or cold once!

Terry and I were also catching lots of Dabs but nothing else, as was Mehmet who did his santa bit and gave us a pack of fresh lug each.

The fishing only got better as high water passed. Mehmet headed home after another marathon session, but we fished on, and I noticed the angler to my right climbing over the rock as we watched another bite develop on Rhyses rod. I went over to help, just in time to see him lift a Codling of a couple of pound out of the rocks where it had become stuck on his retrieve.

We were all still catching steadily. Terry dropped a Codling, I was catching a Dab or 2 a chuck and Rhys even bagged a double header!

It was time to pack in by now. We had already phoned home once to say we would be later than we said, and the water was disappearing rapidly!

Rhys had another good knock which turned out to be a Flounder.

On my last cast, I had changed rig to a 3/0 pulley Pennell loaded with 4 lug just in case there was another Codling about. It came in with 2 Dabs on, so we packed up and went home for tea.

Rhys had 8 Dabs and a Flounder, with me on 7 Dabs and Terry had about the same but he was fishing 2 rods. Cheat!

My ears are hurting already, “When can we go back? When can I catch a Codling, and a Whiting, and a Rockling?” so we`ll be back before long. Maybe a low water session into the NBG.

Happy Days!
Back to top Go down
longranger
Legend

Number of posts : 1679
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4704

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Nice one kev well done on the fish glad the young lads getting you out and showing you how it's done,three of my mates fished old colwyn tonight and didn't even get a bite,apparently 30 anglers and only 1 whiting caught???? (Over high) so top marks to you all:D
Back to top Go down
stevo
Tackle Guru

Number of posts : 3267
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7003

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:59 am

Great stuff kev cracking report and pics these young anglers are putting
us old boys to shame well done everyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phil the Bill
Ray hunter

Number of posts : 300
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3280

PostSubject: The Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 am

From your great report and pics, its obvious that Logger had no input over Rhys by the way he stood by his rod waiting for the bite to show, well done to all for the catches, I was down there yesterday walking the dogs,Memhet was there, should have gone home to get the tackle and joined the fishing.  Sad  Sad
Back to top Go down
Logger
Great White Hunter

Number of posts : 5694
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9547

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:17 am

Brilliant report Kev absolutely wonderful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

Number of posts : 2075
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4547

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:21 am

Well done on a good report and pictures. cheers
Back to top Go down
squidward
Conger Hunter

Number of posts : 749
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4246

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:17 am

The few I took home weighed in at 8 to 10 ounces, a better size than we`ve seen recently.

Rhys seemed to enjoy his first evening session

Back to top Go down
joker44
Legend

Number of posts : 1600
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4730

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:12 am

Fantastic report/ pics kev well done that young angler Very Happy Very Happy

Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 281
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1255

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:18 am

Great report kev and sum great fish and pics that's what it's all about getting out well done to u all fishing
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4420
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8901

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:06 pm

Mehmet went home? That I don't believe!

Great report!
Back to top Go down
tatch
Skate Hunter

Number of posts : 839
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3340

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Nice little session there for you well cheers done its great to see the young ones enjoying fishing
Back to top Go down
hot shot alan
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1386
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3527

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:15 am

great report and pics well done cheers fishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.   

Back to top Go down

A yabba Dabby doo time at the Point.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: