4 posters
AuthorMessage
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6037

RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  Empty
PostSubject: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Three of us set off Saturday morning for the east coast i forgot the bait  so we had to go back for it arrived in Whitby had a massive breakfast at the singing kettle (excellent value & a right plate full should anyone find thereselves in Whitby & hungry) then Whitby angling for squid a new pair of studded vass evo wellies for me & a bit of advice off Dan who works there it was decided give robinhoods a go for a couple of hours on the flood then back to Whitby west to get a place for a few hours more.Andrew had a stonking bite first cast but didn't connect we stayed on the scar moving back with the tide but had no more bites in the two hours we stayed.So back to Whitby west hell of a job finding parking near by & ended up right up by the whale bones on the tops finally got on the pier 7 about half an hour later my rod nearly went over the rails god job it was tied to them.Seemed to take an age undoing the cloth holding it i lifted the tip & wound the rod was well bent it felt a big fish i shouted to Andrew who shouted back Ive got one too anyway it turned out when the fish hit the surface & rolled both lines & traces were there & it was a really big fish well into double figures.Anyway we went for the lift got it two or three feet out of the water & it lost the hook & back it fell gutted does not describe the feeling    .But a bit later my rod tip rattled then thumped right over i grabbed it started winding & immediately felt that grating of crossed lines then Carl shouted me from down the pier i think Ive got your line he had too & the chaps next to him he also had a 3lb cod though we packed up shortly after & headed for our last mark down the A64 where we all landed a large haddock apiece complete with chips & seasoning  A day of forgotten bait & lost fish but a thoroughly enjoyable one my new vass wellies were great on the slippery scars too RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  Andrewampmewaitingforabiterhb2014_zps70cfa18a RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  Endofscarrobinhoodsbay2014_zpse82c0086 RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January   border=" /> RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  Robinhoodsbaylookingsouth_zps2d4b8839
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:15 pm

unlucky on the lost fish mate,well done for getting out Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:40 pm

good report and pics pity about loosing the big one  cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

PostSubject: Re: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Shame about the lost fish but good report and pictures. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13883

PostSubject: Re: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:06 am

A big breakfast, a days fishing and fish and chips on the way home, this is what weekends were made for  cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Put a drop net on your wish list, it will be even bigger next time you hook it!

Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

PostSubject: Sorted   RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Aye nets already sorted dont want that happening again
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

PostSubject: Yet another breakfast    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:06 pm

logger wrote:
A big breakfast, a days fishing and fish and chips on the way home, this is what weekends were made for  cheers cheers cheers 
Another breakfast today too  Very Happy went back to go on trot on 2 charter but south easterly swell that had come on meant nothing getting in or out the harbour shame we didn't have shore gear or we could have had another do
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13883

PostSubject: Re: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:13 pm

There's a lesson in there for all of us  Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January    RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January  Empty

Back to top Go down

RHB & Whitby Saturday 18th January
Page 1 of 1