3 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13883

Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy Empty
PostSubject: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:58 am

With the forecast looking a little on the damp side myself and my youngest lad Hari decided it wasn't going to spoil our trip to Mostyn that we'd planned the night before, after all we've got water proofs and the wind wasn't forecast to be very strong and as Hari said 'if were put off by a bit of bad weather we wont go fishing until summer !'

We got our bait in the morning from Joker at the indoor market Bangor, sticky black lug which was top stuff as always thanks Joe Very Happy

As we set off from home it started to tip down with rain but at Mostyn it wasn't to bad at all just a bit misty with a very slight Easterly breeze so it pleased us that at least we would stay dry Smile

We started to fish at 15.30hrs planning to pack up around 18.00 depending on how things were going.
Two minutes into Hari's first cast the rod tip started to bounce like mad which got us very excited and we both thought that either this was going to be the start of a great session or a fish on the first cast syndrome !
Sadly it was the latter Sad
Never seems to be a good sign when you hook into a fish that quickly scratch

So here he is the champion of the day
Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy Foneeee112

The tide was perhaps a bit big for Mostyn and our rigs did stray into the rocks a few times despite using 6oz grippers, resulting in a couple of lost rigs Sad
Talacra possibly would have been a better venue on this tide but it would have meant walking back all that way across the beach in darkness which i didn't fancy seeing as Hari was with me and considering the mist looked as though it could roll in at any minute im glad we didn't cyclops

Even though we only had the one Dab, which was released to fight another day, we thoroughly enjoyed the trip although Hari did start to feel the cold by the end but after working in the mountains above Aberdeen last week i didn't think it was too bad

Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy Foneeee108

There again he's only eleven and im 44 lol!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:33 am

A good trip even if you didn't get many fish nice to get out with the family. By the way you don't look 44, (I won't say how old you look just keep you guessing.) Question
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:40 am

kirky's dad wrote:
A good trip even if you didn't get many fish nice to get out with the family. By the way you don't look 44, (I won't say how old you look just keep you guessing.) Question

I know i look more like 43 and a half cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Well done good to see someone having a go
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Good Talacre decision , always better safe than sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Good report and pics choc logger well done Harry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Nice report Logger and well done to Hari with his dab.
Cheers for the info on Mostyn, me and kirky's dad will manage to get up there one weekend.

PS What size rod does your lad Hari use ?
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:40 pm

kirky wrote:
Nice report Logger and well done to Hari with his dab.
Cheers for the info on Mostyn, me and kirky's dad will manage to get up there one weekend.

PS What size rod does your lad Hari use ?

He used a 12ft 3-6oz Shakespeare beachcaster on this session, its got a sensitive tip so ideal for the flattys Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:44 am

I had a rod with a sensitive tip once it was ok but every time I shouted at it it sulked for days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:29 pm

mickfish wrote:
I had a rod with a sensitive tip once it was ok but every time I shouted at it it sulked for days Very Happy
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy   Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy Empty

Back to top Go down

Mostyn 9/2/13 one for the boy
Page 1 of 1