3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

Boat Project Notbad 1 update five Empty
PostSubject: Boat Project Notbad 1 update five   Boat Project Notbad 1 update five EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Doesn't look like much progress to show for a week off work, but I've got sunburn to prove the hours put in.

Loose fitting the seats and sitting on my drive catching Bonefish, Marlin and Great Whites I realised the rails at the pointy end of the deck were too high for when you need to get a leg over Wink - so I made a few adjustments.

Boat Project Notbad 1 update five Boatnotbad1rail

Also added an extra roller to the trailer, fitted a battery hatch to match the bow locker, grenade launchers ( it says rod holders on the packet but we know better ) and farted about with the electrics and a few other bits that will fall to pieces the first time I ram a groyne

Boat Project Notbad 1 update five Boatnotbad1deck

Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

PostSubject: Re: Boat Project Notbad 1 update five   Boat Project Notbad 1 update five EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Good things come to those that wait !
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6675

PostSubject: Re: Boat Project Notbad 1 update five   Boat Project Notbad 1 update five EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:20 pm

plenty of bling (shiny) on the boat now will stop the others taking pics with to much glare lol! looking good keep those updates coming Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: stainless steel bits   Boat Project Notbad 1 update five EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Dia,
I have a brother who does stainless welding, I dont know if he could sort you out for what you want, but i could put you intouch with him if you like.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Boat Project Notbad 1 update five   Boat Project Notbad 1 update five EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:12 am

dai wrote:
Hi where did you source your stainless rails?

I just went on Ebay

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ridethewavesboatchandlery

and bought the marine grade stainless steel lengths and the supports, T and elbow joints, I went for 7/8th inch diameter to keep the weight a tad lower than 1inch diameter, no welding involved just a lot of careful thinking about it, the front two uprights pass through the gunwales and are braced sideways as well as through the "feet" which are held by stainless bolts with plastic bar reinforcement on the underside to reduce strain on the fibre glass. the joints are held by grub screws with thread lock for added security against the motion it will be under.
Inside the tube I sprayed oil, pushed strips of EVA foam in and sealed with silicon.

Loose fitting before tightening and measure sixteen times before cutting ( which I did with an angle grinder ) avoids mistakes.

I'm a happy bodger when it comes to getting on the tools but I'm getting there and thinking through the engineering side of things is different and a nice relaxation to how I earn my living.

Meccano for big boys really!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boat Project Notbad 1 update five   Boat Project Notbad 1 update five Empty

Back to top Go down

Boat Project Notbad 1 update five
Page 1 of 1