3 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

Talacre on days like these Empty
PostSubject: Talacre on days like these   Talacre on days like these EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:45 am

Talacre yesterday afternoon 1600hrs-2000hrs

A phone call from Graham with an invitation to fish with him was readily excepted by myself and my son Jack, after all this man knows his stuff and it was an opportunity I wasn't going to miss but with the wind forecast ENE coupled with my recent bout of bad luck my hopes and expectations weren't overly high but it was still an offer I gabbed with both hands.
Having fished Talacre once before with Talkingbullhuss the memory of the long march soon becoming a trudge under the cumbersome weight of rods rod stand and tackle box etc across the sands like Beau Geste was sorely fresh in my mind so a quick plan formed of how I could turn a porters trolley into a fishing trolley after all that's what they are just with bigger wheels so with a trip to the local hardware store a purchase of a trolley with fat tyres was made and I was ready to go.

Jack and I met Graham at the chip shop car park as the one near the dunes was closed in anticipation of the high tides, this made me even more happy about the earlier transaction and instead of a laboured sweaty yomp we made good time and arrived by the green buoy fresh and ready for the coming session which was not to disappoint and my concern about the wind direction was to prove unfounded as it seemed to be more of a westerly than anything else, the gods were smiling down on us I think and continued
to do so because within a few minutes of Graham's first cast he'd brought in a brace of dab Talacre on days like these Talacra018
Jack and myself braced ourselves as we watched our rod tips for any movement at all other than wind or tide...... nothing came so after ten minutes we brought in our lines, Jacks rig was a one up one down with size 2 hooks on 18inch snoods sporting some shiny beads mine was a humble 3 hook flapper again with size 2's on 12inch snoods without beads we both used 6oz grippers to keep a hold on the bottom as the tide was ripping through and the bait was old sticky lug, Jack brought his line in first and we quickly swapped over his rig with a similar one as we were double patting and he was back in the water in no time, I took my rod and began to retrieve a suspiciously heavy line, weed I thought or possibly the weight has been covered by the sand, WRONG, as the rig surfaced I could see three dab all nicely hooked and well within size Very Happy

All the while the action with Graham stayed constant and I had another double but Jacks rod tip remained static so before his third cast we changed his rig over to the three hook flapper without beads style of rig that I was using, the weight had barely settled in the sand before his rod tip was literately bouncing up and down, the change of rig seemed to be having the desired affect and it was sit back on your hands time and wait for more fish to hopefully take the bait.
Talacre on days like these Talacra005
A nice treble for Jack followed by lots more doubles and singles for all three of us hardly giving us time to rearm the spare rigs before the next series of rod rattling taps
Talacre on days like these Talacra013

Talacre on days like these Talacra016

Typical the only picture of me with a fish is this tiddler !
Talacre on days like these Talacra010

The best fish of the afternoon was a nice plaice caught by Jack and with its bright orange spots identification was easy.
Talacre on days like these Talacra017
The trolley although it looks like something made by dyson for a chimney sweep was a positive success
Talacre on days like these Talacra019
Graham had 26 dab and a nice whiting and Jack and I lost count after 20 but we easily had over 50 between the three of us !
On days like these my friends on days like these.

Last edited by logger on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6695

PostSubject: Re: Talacre on days like these   Talacre on days like these EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:23 am

well done on the fish +the trolley would double up as a rod rest with a couple of rests fastened on the top of the handle scratch
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

PostSubject: Re: Talacre on days like these   Talacre on days like these EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:56 am

Yeh we thought that lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talacre on days like these   Talacre on days like these EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:54 pm

I always find talacre fishes better on big spring tides mate , the bigger the tides the better for them codling there in winter , cracking report and picks mate clad you jack and graham had plenty of action only wished I was with you both yesterday instead of looking at bricks all day. Sad Sad Sad graham showed me the ropes there years ago and now it's your turn to shine there mate well done . Can't wait meet up with you and graham my mentor again mate. Tell jack well done on the plaice ,your is deffo a dab mate Razz .clad trolley was ok . Nice to see you fill your boots after a few of your last trips haven't been as fruitfull for you well done mate
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9179

PostSubject: Re: Talacre on days like these   Talacre on days like these EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Fantastic session!
Those Dabs make fine eating.
Well done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talacre on days like these   Talacre on days like these Empty

Back to top Go down

Talacre on days like these
Page 1 of 1