sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Century carbon metal crest

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Century carbon metal crest  Empty
PostSubject: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:18 pm

hi all
im thinking of getting a Century carbon metal crest has anyone ever used one i have used a carbon metal express and loved it was wondering if theres a big difference any views would be great
cheers ads
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Not the best century rod. what will you be using it for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:36 pm

hi joe
iv been put off now did some research and found its more of a tournement casting rod gonna keep a look out for a cme as i want a bit of an allrounder
cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:47 pm

if your after an allrounder mate go for a t/t super match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm

cheers i will have a look
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 pm

joe roberts wrote:
if your after an allrounder mate go for a t/t super match

On which note I've been googling the Tip Tornado Supermatch Low Diameter version a lot recently, being firmly in the Fixed Spool camp myself I wasn't sure whether it was suitable for Fixed Spool or whether they make 2 versions or if I'd need to get one built specially, (some pics on the web show them with Fixed Spool ) so last Sunday night I emailed Century direct for clarification and got a reply back first thing Monday about the KWAG ringed version ( as opposed to BNHG ) as follows,

"Hi Paul

Thank you for your inquiry.

The latest TT Super Match models are fitted with Fuji KWAG guides and in the configuration we have applied they are suitable for both multiplier and modern fixed spool use.

Modern day fixed spool reels have smaller diameter spools than older style reels – as a result of better gearing and line lay. The gearing that patterns the line lay on modern reels is so good it is possible to load the same amount of line on a much smaller diameter spool with a very even pattern. This eliminates the cross wrapping of line prevalent with older systems and the resulting smaller and better formed coils coming off the more modern spool - can progress through smaller guides with no impact on distance.

Line diameter will also play a part in the selection of guides and with good quality supple monofil < 0.35mm OD – a size 30 butt guide should be more than sufficient.

So to answer your question – I think the issue is more to do with your reel and line selection. Older style fixed spool reels will require bigger ringing patterns but more modern reels much less so. Your local tackle dealer will be able to expand on reel selection and the advances made over the last few years.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Simon

Century Composites Ltd,
58-59 Hutton Close,
Crowther Industrial Estate,
Washington,
Tyne & Wear,
NE38 0AH.

"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm

great new rod means a new reel aswell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:20 pm

ads123 wrote:
great new rod means a new reel aswell Very Happy

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Century carbon metal crest    Century carbon metal crest  Empty

Back to top Go down

Century carbon metal crest
Page 1 of 1