sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how longs a piece of string

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

how longs a piece of string Empty
PostSubject: how longs a piece of string   how longs a piece of string EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:38 pm

hi all,i have a varied selection of fishing gear from so called top makes to average range of rods and reels and not living by the sea when i go fishing i like to use an all round set up (so i dont leave tackle in the car whilst fishing) after asking advice from locals i could end up on various beaches or rock marks so i use a 13ft abu zoom rod with a orange abu 6500 reel loaded with daiwa sensor 20lb 0.435mm i was wondering what others would use for an all round set up but my main question is how much of this line will the reel i use hold cheers Andy Very Happy

thanks in advance for any replys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how longs a piece of string   how longs a piece of string EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:07 pm

as most things fishing gear is personal i like this use that dont like them never used one etc etc. i have used abu 6500 reels for many years pushing 30 years or so and the saying they dont make the like they used to is true.
the 6500 is ok for cleanish ground the best time a 6500 shows its limitations is when you start to get fistfulls of weed on the line either the clutch starts slipping or you just cant wind in easly.
my own fave rod/rods are harrison p1 and a p3 and for ground that a 6500 cant handle avet sx5 mc i cant comment on your rod 20lb line is ok.
a thinner line that im using is prologic xlnt camo 20lb 0.35 dia regards eddy.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13669

PostSubject: Re: how longs a piece of string   how longs a piece of string EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Nice question Andy,

not quite answering it, but so far as
[quote="longranger"] (so i dont leave tackle in the car whilst fishing) is concerned when I'm away "on tour" I take a Salt six piece beach caster, a Blackrock 6 piece travel spin and a telescopic tripod so they fit sidewise in the boot nicely out of sight, using fixed spool reels and spare spools makes changing line strength a doddle.

Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8075

PostSubject: Re: how longs a piece of string   how longs a piece of string EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:03 am

Hi Andy,

My old Zippy 2500LM does me for nearly all my shore fishing, be it clean beaches or rough ground and i pair it with an SL30 filled with 25lb sensor straight through when weed is and issue or i am likely to lose tackle.

Never had any problem with the SL and the extra line capacity is always handy, espacially if i lose some for any reason.

I use a Penn 525 mag for match fishing with 15lb sensor and 80lb greased weasel, and this is another great reel so maybe a 535 would suit your need better and again has the extra capacity but will still cast a decent distance.

See you soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how longs a piece of string   how longs a piece of string Empty

Back to top Go down

how longs a piece of string
Page 1 of 1