3 posters
AuthorMessage
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6698

piece of mind Empty
PostSubject: piece of mind   piece of mind EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 am

Just thought I would mention this one over the year I have noticed on other sites that allot of our fishing tackle is being targeted by the scum of the earth Evil or Very Mad thought it would be a good idea to ask forum members to suggest insurance companies they recommend that will cover tackle or house insurance companies that provide cover that includes our tackle santa
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13669

piece of mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: piece of mind   piece of mind EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 pm

http://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/reviews-ns/home-insurance/which-recommended-providers/

I'll try and be brief, not wanting to mix business and pleasure and all that, but you could do worse than check out the Which Recommended Insurers link.

What's best for one person may not be best for another. eg depending on where you keep your gear you may need to check what cover you have in outhouses and any security requirements.

You might want to include Accidental Damage cover rather than just Standard Cover ( names for it vary )

If you want cover away from home you'll need to ensure you have "personal possessions" cover, though damage as a direct result of tackle being in use or stolen from an unattended vehicle ( especially pick ups or off roof racks ) might not be covered.

Personal Liabilty cover ( like when that pendulum casts accidentally hits someone ) is usually included automatically by most household insurers. ( if you organise events or run a boat you'll need an appropriate cover though )

I'd suggest having the same insurer do your buildings and contents cover ( cuts down risk of a grey area between the two on things like built in appliances )

Some insurers rate on the number of bedrooms you have, some base it on specific sums insured -which for your house means the cost of demolishing, site clearance, architects etc fees and the cost of actually rebuilding - which is not the same as the market value of your home.

As a general rule I wouldn't bother looking for a specific "sportsman's insurance." so far as angling is concerned although be aware that if you live in a caravan or in area at risk of flood this will reduce your options!

Taking a voluntary excess keeps the cost down, but then that means a smaller loss is coming out of your own pocket, on the other hand that also preserves your no claim discount, like I say there is not a one size fits all option.

Finally, tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and don't confuse cheap price with value, everybody thinks they know about house and car insurance based on chats across pub tables but in reality it really is quite complex, I've been at it well over 30 years and I'm still learning!

Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9182

piece of mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: piece of mind   piece of mind EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Great info.
Food for thought!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com