3 posters
AuthorMessage
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6149

Home from home on the Pier Empty
PostSubject: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:54 am

I’ve just become a member and decided last Friday would be my 1st visit under the membership scheme.
I set up under the veranda of the Café (nice bit of shelter from the rain and some strategically placed picnic tables to save my back). Didn’t start to well, cos as I was setting up I noticed that the tip ring was missing one of the rods (it had rusted through, only about 18 months old too)
Home from home on the Pier LlandudnoPier11-11-11001
Started at 6pm, and it was fish from the off, with some nice flatties at distance. The whiting soon made an appearance too ! Baits used were :- Rag (from Jokers), some salted black lug and some raw prawns I had been soaking in crab oil, the fish liked all of it.
Home from home on the Pier LlandudnoPier11-11-11005
Home from home on the Pier LlandudnoPier11-11-11004
Home from home on the Pier LlandudnoPier11-11-11003
Home from home on the Pier LlandudnoPier11-11-11002

After a couple of hours it died off for an hour or so, then the doggies came out to play, annoyingly they all decided to get caught on the rod without a tip ring !!
Home from home on the Pier LlandudnoPier11-11-11007
Home from home on the Pier LlandudnoPier11-11-11006
Anyway, I left around 11:30pm for my drive home, I was surprised by the amount of blokes fishing by then, then again I suppose the big tide mad it a popular night.

I will be back soon (it cuts off another hours drive each way for me).

Tight lines.
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:21 am

I and billyjoe fished in the shelter of the pub on the other side
Nice and dry but a blank : Surprised from 1800 till 1030 all sorts of bait was used we counted 40 fishing but not many fish were caught so well done on your result
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6676

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:33 am

was going to go myself Friday glad i didn't sounds like it was busy well done on the fish mate your first trip a success Wink
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

andy copeland wrote:
welldone on the fish mate,i couldnt use a rod with its tip ring missing,get a diamite tip fitted Ian no way that will rust ....

t was a pain in the arse, but what ele do you do ?

Joe, get me one of them diamite thinggies in, Ill drop the tip section off for you next time im up

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 pm

nice report ian
and yes i have an eye for you
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9160

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Great report Ian.

Do you have to be a member to fish the pier at night or can you pay for a single session?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm

fairziff wrote:
Great report Ian.

Do you have to be a member to fish the pier at night or can you pay for a single session?
I was going to ask the same question. And does the membership rule apply to daytime fishing ?
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Even members can only fish on the very end before 6pm, But after that the Pier is your Oyster !!

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Maybe I should post this in general chat, but does the pier, fish much different to the North shore ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home from home on the Pier   Home from home on the Pier Empty

Back to top Go down

Home from home on the Pier
Page 1 of 1