Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6690

my freind the eels Empty
PostSubject: my freind the eels   my freind the eels EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:25 am

just thaught i would do this article as i have noticed on the forums people calling the silver eel a nusance i am going to shed a bit of light on this wonderfull creature .
its proper name is The genus name “ Anguilla ” is Latin the comon silver eel ,,
[img]my freind the eels Eels-1[/img]
the eel begins life +ends its life in the sargaso sea aprox x1+ miles deep under water at the bottom of the sea shelf ;; farao
[img]my freind the eels Smalleels[/img]
the eels you and outhers catch that weigh aprox x1lb are over 10+years old there are two difrent shaped (heads) it all depends on what they feed on the pointed headed ones feed on worms +small molusks, the large mouthed eat fish+crabs as wellhere is a comparisen pics look at the mouths

[img]my freind the eels Twoeels[/img]
the eels come inshore to feed and move uprivers to the lakes
+ locks some maystay in the river systems the eels will stay there till there ready to breed and grow very large they have been known to travel across land affraid to reach there destination on wet nights there capable of good distenses over grass ,
[img]my freind the eels Eelongrass[/img]
i myself used to fish for these eels and have the greatest respect for them Rolling Eyes here are some ideas on how to handle the eel if your lucky enough to catch one . the eeel is coverd in a very thick mucas to protect it if you hold it with a towel or the news paper your worms are in its easy to grip, Laughing
If its swallowed the hook DONT dig round with pliers or pull the hook out just snip the line as close to the hook you can the eels acid jucies in the stomack will desolve the hook in aprox 24hrs if you put it in the bucket to weigh in after the match 70% of the time you will find your hook in the bottom of the bucket ,
REMEMBER THE EELS YOU CATCH THAT ARE APROX A POUND ARE OVER 10+yrs old so they deserve allot of respect .
these pics are from the internet not mine used for info only ,
Cool hope some of you enjoy this and it helps you understand the creature better Wink sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13660

my freind the eels Empty
PostSubject: Re: my freind the eels   my freind the eels EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Enjoyed that and learned something!
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9931

my freind the eels Empty
PostSubject: Re: my freind the eels   my freind the eels EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:01 am

Great read mate thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6690

my freind the eels Empty
PostSubject: Re: my freind the eels   my freind the eels EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:33 pm

the Arthur Sutton you mention in your old articl is the one who made my original bite alarms i used 20+ years ago +still have them i met the bloke about 10 years ago after he had come out of hospital after his heart operation i was myself a member of the The National Anguilla Club when i specialized in eels and have some great memories of that time and met some excellent anglers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my freind the eels Empty
PostSubject: Re: my freind the eels   my freind the eels Empty

Back to top Go down

my freind the eels
Page 1 of 1