3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13659

Ammo bait news bullet in Empty
PostSubject: Ammo bait news bullet in   Ammo bait news bullet in EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Sunday 22.2.2009

Wasn’t sure whether to bother going rockling hunting today but then flicking through
the latest Sea Angler magazine I read on page 24 that rockling are from the same “Gadidae” family as cod, suddenly they seemed worth chasing!

A couple of hours up from Low late Sunday afternoon at Kinmel Bay, straight out from the car park near Asda.

Made a mental note of the “catch you out” 7 foot gully a 100 paces from the shore pebbles as we headed out across shallower gullies to the low water mark, encouraged by the varied number of shells about -surely something belonging in a magazine write up would be feeding…

Ammo bait news bullet in Bulletin003

Ammo bait news bullet in Bulletin001

Ammo bait news bullet in Bulletin002

lug both sticky and fresh was tried,

Shell Shock!
No rockling, but something belonging in a magazine did indeed turn up,

Ammo bait news bullet in Bulletin004

A 20mm cannon shell casing! affraid

Ammo bait news bullet in Bulletin005

Thats what I call ammo bait!
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9173

PostSubject: Re: Ammo bait news bullet in   Ammo bait news bullet in EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Great report Paul.

Things must be bad if you 2 are heading across the river Smile

I've heard Mehmet's stories of fishing with Dynamite in Turkey What a Face What a Face
Are you sure the Bullet didn't fall out of his tackle bag? affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Ammo bait news bullet in   Ammo bait news bullet in EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm

ian40nw wrote:

Ian

p.s was it a live shell or can you even manage a blank when finding bullets.........................terrible pun i know but couldnt resist Laughing

- you're scraping the "barrell" there Ian!

Mike,
I believe it's what he calls a bomber rig !!!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Ammo bait news bullet in   Ammo bait news bullet in EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:42 pm

ian40nw wrote:
......did the area see a lot of action during the wars Laughing

I imagine Rhyl saw a fair bit of overhead activity as the Luftwaffe headed for Liverpool Docks.
A recent link of Tony's included a story about a Spitfire crashing off Rhyl / Kinmel Bay and the pilot being rescued from his upturned cockpit.

So far as I know the only explosive bomb to do serious damage in Rhyl during WW2 took out a house just off Grange Road, can't recall the name of the road off the top but there is still a gap there I believe; although a veteran I know who used to work for Brookes Dairy (as in Brookes' Field -the car boot site) did tell me about an incendiary bomb that he saw caught on telephone wires near the centre of Rhyl whilst he was on WW2 fire picket duty.

"Kinmel" has a lot of military history to it regarding Kinmel Camp, (further in land) -some of it quite harrowing.

Here we go again, starts out as today's news and ends up as "All Our Yesterdays" for those who remember that programme.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8066

PostSubject: Re: Ammo bait news bullet in   Ammo bait news bullet in EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:02 am

Ive heard the one about the bombs in Christ Church school, but there are 2 bomb craters which can still be seen in the fields behind Cambrian Walk in Rhyl.

It was supposed to be a bomber that had gone off course looking for its target and just dropped its bombs to make its escape quicker but who knows???

Back to the report, an interesting find Paul, brightens up a blank session!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ammo bait news bullet in   Ammo bait news bullet in Empty

Back to top Go down

Ammo bait news bullet in
Page 1 of 1