sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gladiator (important everyone please read)

Go down 
+2
fairziff
ianroberts
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6158

Gladiator (important everyone please read) Empty
PostSubject: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Ive just spoken to Glads wife on the phone (we were supposed to be out tonight but because of the weather i decided against it and texted him to let him know) as I have had no reply I rang his moby to make sure he had had the message

His wife answered and she has told me that Glad had a major heart attack last night and that he has had a 5 hour opearation. He is "comfortable" and in the Liverpool chest Hospital (I didnt catch the proper name).

As soon as I hear more I will let you know, in the mean time "All the best Glad" !
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9169

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Terrible news.

Please pass on my best wishes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:07 pm

pale pale bloody hell hope he gets well soon Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Lets hope he recovers soon
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7121

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks for telling us Ian. Please do keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 pm

I will be speaking to Mrs Glad (Im not sure but I think her name is Jo) tomorrow, of course I will keep you up to date with news, and pass on your best wishes.

Is there any way a mod or admin on here can make this thread sticky or what ever you call it to keep it up the list please ?

Last edited by ianroberts on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks for that Ian.

Fingers crossed he makes a Speedy recovery.

Please pass on my Best Wishes.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8062

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Please pass on best wishes from me.

Hope hes back out fishing soon.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Very sorry to hear that, get well wishes go out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Hope he gets well soon best wishes
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9926

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:52 am

Thats terrible news get well soon mate
and get back fishing best wishes Sad
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 am

Update !

I just spoke to Mrs Glad, he took a turn for the worse yesterday, but it was what the hospital staff had expected and were ready for it.

He has had a temprary pacemaker fitted and this will be replaced with a permanent one tomorrow.

He is now feeling a lot better and has started to tell the nurses his dirty jokes, so I would say he is on the mend !

Mrs Glad will pass on everyones best wishes to him this afternoon. I wll pass on any more info to you when I have it, but everyone can breathe a sigh of releif that he is now on the road to recovery.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 pm

bloody hell ian thats bad news indeed hope he is well soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:27 pm

good news
just spoke to jo gladys wife
he has had stents fitted and a tep pacemaker
today he is joking with the staff (gladys behave yourself )
if there is any news jo will phone me and i or ian will post up on here
ps gladys says thanks for the well whishes

AND IAN DONT YOU DARE FISH HIS SPOT UNLESS YOU CAN FISH WITH 5 RODS LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Great news that glads is on the mend.

I've put a card in the post from the people on the forum that i have fished with, and they are the following.

Fairziff
Sinbad
Angler10
Simon Parry
Tony Parry
Headwyn
Notbad
Clueless 2
Mickfish
Seajunky
And of course the Spaceman.

See you soon Glads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 pm

nice one spaceman
i am sure glad will enjoy knowing that we are all thinking of him
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 7:15 pm

joker44 wrote:
good news
just spoke to jo gladys wife
he has had stents fitted and a tep pacemaker
today he is joking with the staff (gladys behave yourself )
if there is any news jo will phone me and i or ian will post up on here
ps gladys says thanks for the well whishes

AND IAN DONT YOU DARE FISH HIS SPOT UNLESS YOU CAN FISH WITH 5 RODS LOL

Hey !

His spot has blanked for weeks now ! so I'll keep the spots Ive fished with him sort of luke warm for him !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:50 pm

His spot has blanked for weeks now ! so I'll keep the spots Ive fished with him sort of luke warm for him !

so you should lol ha ha lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks for the update Joker and thanks for sorting a card Spaceman.

I like to think that putting reports on here cheers up those who can't get out for whatever reason as they fish with us "on line"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:37 pm

just tan update gladys has been moved to a ward and is feeling much better today
they are keeping him in for a while to monitor him
i have passed on all your well whishes and his wife said he almost had a tear in his eyes
will update again tommorrow
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Another update

I’ve just spoken to Mrs Glad, and apparently the dirty, filthy, over sexed, lucky jammy bar steward convinced some Nurses that he was well enough for a bath!

Whilst having this “Bath”, on being turned onto his side his heart started to work by itself and did not need the temporary pacemaker! Now whether this was down to the excitement of the Nurses or the fact that he remembered that he had left his wallet on the cabinet at the side of his bed we wont know for a while, but he is on the mend !!

Mrs Glad has also told me that she will be taking his moby in when she visits him tomorrow, so ( not too much though lads) he will be able to receive any text messages you have the urge to send.

Now, as he is going to have his moby with him tomorrow I have decided to get in before any of you other vultures and have told him that if he cant fish for a while, “I want 1st dibs on his tackle”.

No pun intended, but I’m glad that Glad is on the mend as I’m sure you lot are. By the way , Mrs Glad has passed on all your best wishes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks for the update Ian.

Pass on our best wishes to Mrs Glad as well.
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Update
Sorry lads, but I have jusr spoke to Jo (Mrs Glad) and she has told me that Glad has had a set back today.

They have put him on Warfrine, and they are planning to give him a bypass tomorrow, allthough after all this is is still in good spirits. He was made up by the get well cards received today from forum members, and Jo (Mrs Glad wishes to thank all of you for your messages and cards.

So if you have texted him today and not had a reply yet, just give him a few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks for the update Ian

I'm 100% certain he will get through this.

Nice to know people on here including myself have not met him yet, but want him to make a speedy recovery, its also nice for him and his goodlady to know that folks do care.

Nice one Sunnyrhyl members.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9169

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks for the updates.
Lets hope all goes well tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gladiator (important everyone please read)   Gladiator (important everyone please read) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gladiator (important everyone please read)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next