sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. Empty
PostSubject: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:02 am

For the second Sat there has been a problem on Llandudno pier. It seems that there is a rogue security guard on the pier. What happened last night was that the guard watched the 3 anglers that turned up, walk all the way to the end of the pier, and start to set up their rods. When he quickly walked up to them and told them to leave in a very rude and brisk manner. He had every opportunity to stop them at the bottom by the gate, but he didn't. His excuse was "that it is going to snow" It was suggested to the guard that they would leave if and when the snow did arrive. This wasn't good enough and he insisted that they left straight away, leaving the organiser £60 out of pocket after travelling all the way from Manchester. So be aware should you wish to book the pier in the future. The guy concerned is going to write to the 6 piers company to complain, but it is felt that they might be the originators of these problems based on the fact that they have banned fishing on most of their piers all around the country. Fishing was almost stopped when the 6 pier company took the pier over 2 years ago. So be warned. And yes I think the guard can swim, that was my thoughts as well.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:21 am

It was possible that by kicking you off early he did not have to leave the pub or whatever he was doing at midnight to check the pier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:58 am

Thats a S--t thing to do to people.

Would be a shame if the fishing was stopped, as many of us spend many happy hours there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 pm

OK lets all sign a waver. I would.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9181

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 pm

From my dealings booking the pier, the health and safety card was always present.
Having said that, we had an answer early on the day of the booking as to whether it was on or not.
On the evenings, the security guard, who was always pleasant and professional, would have the authority to call things off if the weather turned, although this never happened to us.

The understanding was that the pier management could call it off on the basis of a forecast whereas the security just acted if the conditions worsened during the evening.

Not an ideal system, but I sympathise with Sarah who has to accept the ruling of the pier management.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:13 pm

From the information I have she is worried that the 6 pier company are trying to get her out of the shop by alienating her clients (the fisherman) When all said and done the worrying thing is that the pier company has banned fishing from the majority of it's piers., so why should this one be any different.
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6170

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Up to about 3 years ago, i fished (or tried to fish) the pier regularly.

It soon became apparent that even if I rang the shop before or during my 1.5 hr journey that the pier would or would not open because of....wind, ice, cold, the security guard had over slept, works on the pier !

This is not a go at Sarah in the shop, she is doing her best, but the above are the reasons that when we fished the pier a few weeks ago I rang fairziff quite a few times to check it was stil on (sorry for the hassle mate).

For many of us fishing the pier incurrs a lot of mileage, and you cant blame anyone for not using this place, thats a real shame because I have thoroughly enjoye every time I have fished it !
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9181

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:20 pm

I can only speak from my experience.
I've probably booked the pier 20 times and have never had a problem.

I did have one booking cancelled due to the weather forecast, but I was informed well in advance of travelling.

Just thought I'd add this to give people reading this thread a bit more info if they are considering fishing the venue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.   Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night. Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem on Llandudno pier Sat night.
Page 1 of 1