6 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 7:49 am

The Forum was born on 27 November 2008

Posts per day : 9.11
Number of topics : 8496

party

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 9:46 am

party
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 10:18 am

party
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6675

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 1:11 pm

Well done to the admins for the hard work and to the members who post on the forum cth
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 11:30 pm

Happy birthday sunny rhyl lol!
What with the weather,the pandemic and the financial situation this year has seen a decline in posts,but,with a bit of luck times will change.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 7:25 pm

On behalf of myself & Musselman thank you for the praise!

Must say thank you in return that we don't get many posts that need moderating, it has been a pleasure to be involved since the forum was launched.

There are far fewer fishing reports than there used to be, active members have reduced, I know that many prefer Facebook these days and I suppose this forum's name probably narrows the interest in some ways. There are more lurkers viewing than active posters.

Everyone please feel free to make constructive suggestions
to improve the forum ( message privately if you prefer )

Last edited by Notbad on Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 8:58 am

The issue with reduced posts is not just here. I am aware of several other fishing forums (including a national one) that have been experiencing the same over the last few years. Some are considering closing.

For those that enjoy reading here but do not post, please can I ask that you consider putting up the occasional report. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 12:36 pm

I think a lot of people join fishing forums because they are new to fishing.
Maybe a few basic tutorials on the art of sea fishing would generate more interest.
We all started somewhere,and probably struggled to know how, what, and where to fish.
eg,the differences between braid and mono,hook links and leaders.The size and types of hooks to use,different baits,and where to get them.
The tides and times to fish,and the reasons why.
Locations and how to get there would help new starters.
The posts and pics put up on here by the 'old hands'are always appreciated,
but to newbies,not much help.
My first sea fishing trip was in 1959 in Leysdown in Kent whilst on a fortnights holiday.I took my 9ft cane rod that I used on my local pond.I was clueless.
Fortunately,with help from the locals,I caught a few eels,and was bitten by the bug. lol!
Back to top Go down
rodbuilder
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 34
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 680

PostSubject: Lack of Reports   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyThu Dec 07, 2023 9:41 pm

Hi,
I too have noticed there has been a lack of reports recently?

From what I hear from my customers, they cannot afford the fuel (from Manchester) every weekend, like they did in the past to fish North Wales/Mersyside etc., also buying bait, tackle, extra food, drinks etc; all impacts on the family budget if married or single, when other 'bills' need paying (rent, gas, electric etc).

I too have noticed a downturn in my business, as my customers are not going fishing as often (reasons above) - if they are not going fishing, then they are not damaging their rods (broken rings etc), which impacts my rod repair business.

We are all under pressure at the moment in one way or another and hopefully it will ease in the future, fingers crossed,

RODBUILDER
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 11:16 am

Thanks for your comments, much appreciate your views.

As a first thought,

Posting a report, especially with photos does baffle some, so I've
just activated a feature that allows saving a report as a draft.

Please try it out, after saving a draft report you should be able to get back to it by pressing on "profile" in blue near the top of the home page,
You will hopefully then see "drafts" allowing you to carry on editing a draft or add it to the report page.

Please see if I have set this up correctly.

Cool

Last edited by Notbad on Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 11:52 am

I must admit,I find putting pics up hard on the forum.
On most of the forums I use they have a box to click on which is a lot easier,and straightforward.
I'm getting on a bit and I find I can't navigate pc's as well as I would like to.
I just can't get the knack of an android phone.
When I see that the general population having no probs I wonder if my mindset is too far back in the past. lol!
I've been an experimental toolmaker apprentice for general motors (3rdyear)
and have built houses completely on my own as a bricklayer,yet I just can't get how to use an android phone.
I threw my age anchor out a few years ago,but it has started to drag.Haha
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 11:28 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I must admit,I find putting pics up hard on the forum.
On most of the forums I use they have a box to click on which is a lot easier,and straightforward.
I'm getting on a bit and I find I can't navigate pc's as well as I would like to.
I just can't get the knack of an android phone.
When I see that the general population having no probs I wonder if my mindset is too far back in the past. lol!
I've been an experimental toolmaker apprentice for general motors (3rdyear)
and have built houses completely on my own as a bricklayer,yet I just can't get how to use an android phone.
I threw my age anchor out a few years ago,but it has started to drag.Haha

I used to use Photobucket for my pics until a business decision by them ( one I think they maybe regretted and reversed)

I use the one on the forum, it isn't easy and I struggled with it at first

I think there is maybe more than one way to use it, describing how to use it is not easy either and I think it possibly works differently on IOS and Android.

If any one is able to help draft some clear instructions please have a go!

VB I get your point in learning to fish, I recall wondering did a  reference to fishing "1 down and two up"mean hook positions relative to the sinker on a 3 hook rig or tide times!

We already have sections on tackle questions and venues.

I'll tweak the tackle questions heading.

There's a few other thoughts in thepipeline too 😉

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 12:21 pm

I have pics that I'm sure would be of interest if the process was simpler.Unfortunately 'basic fishing'is getting smothered by the 'Tackle tarts'
Getting started must be a money minefield for those who fancy a go for the first time.
We all know fishing can be inexpensive,and the thought of it being financially unreachable must put people off.
Perhaps broadening the specs of some of the catogaries would gather interest.i.e.there has been no posts on some for quite a while.
I would bet that a lot of people get the bug by fishing for mackerel whilst on their annual holiday,more than likely using carp rods etc.
I think the thoughts of needing 'special tackle'in this day and age is putting people off.
It's probably a big job to do a 'reshuffle of catorgaries'which I don't envy you the task. lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 4:00 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I have pics that I'm sure would be of interest if the process was simpler:

Have a go with one photo using the draft feature just added study

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 2:22 pm

Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I have pics that I'm sure would be of interest if the process was simpler:

Have a go with one photo using the draft feature just added study

Where is it? scratch
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 2:24 pm

I clicked on 'Draft' and it returned me to the home page.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 4:09 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I clicked on 'Draft' and it returned me to the home page.

Assuming you tried it in a sea fishing  report, and you gave it a title and some contents

( just putting a title of "test" and content of " test" is enough to try it out)

Then click on "draft" and indeed it takes you to the home page.

To get back to your draft click on "profile" this is between the word "usergroups" and the word " messages" in blue near the top of the home page.

Then look at the end of the line above your profile settings and select "Topic Drafts"    cheers

PostSubject: Re: Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!   Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy 15th Birthday Sunny Rhyl!
Page 1 of 1