2 posters
AuthorMessage
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7112

Port Erin - Isle of Man Empty
PostSubject: Port Erin - Isle of Man   Port Erin - Isle of Man EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 6:57 pm

Spent last week in the Isle of Man. First time I have been back there since covid. Primarily visiting relatives and to walk some more of the coastal path (in Manx "Raad ny Foillan" - the way of the gull).

I had hoped to finish the remainder of the coastal path that I have not done already this visit but the weather put paid to that. Multiple storms including Agnes, and ex-hurricane Nigel. I did get some good walking in when it was safe to go out, but I still have 15 miles of the North West corner of the island to tick off on the next visit.

Only managed one fishing outing to Port Erin. On the way there we encountered a biblical downpour at Port St Mary which is only a couple of miles away. It was looking unlikely we would even get out of the car at Port Erin! However, a few minutes later and the sun was out. Got a couple of windy hours casting  across the old breakwater (mostly underwater at high tide) but no success. First time I have ever blanked here but that sums up my success this year unfortunately. Enjoyed the trip though, and the coastal path is stunning in places.

Port Erin - Isle of Man Img-2012
Port Erin - Isle of Man Img-2011
Port Erin - Isle of Man Img-2010
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

Port Erin - Isle of Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Erin - Isle of Man   Port Erin - Isle of Man EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 7:50 am

Looks a promising location to wet a line, hopefully next time it will mean not the way of the gull more like a fish to weigh 😉

Port Erin - Isle of Man
Page 1 of 1