5 posters
AuthorMessage
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9160

For Fox Sake!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:16 am

Being a keeper of Chickens, I have always been aware of the devastation that foxes can cause.

No problem for me though, I live in Rhyl!!!!!!!!!

Imagine my surprise when last night I looked out of an upstairs window to observe one stood in the middle of my road!
He was eating a 'squashed seagull' and when he'd finished licking the tarmac clean, he trotted off towards Churton Road.

It's the first Fox I have heard of in Rhyl, never mind seen.

Has anyone else seen one locally?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:21 am

ian40nw wrote:
Mike theres a massive dog fox on the new pines site its bloody scary when you come out the club pissed lol

Interesting!

This one was big!
At the speed he trotted off, New Pines would probably only be about 5 minutes away as the crow flies!
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8053

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 am

There are foxes all over Rhyl. Some come off the fields round the town and others travel along and live on the railway.

A relative worked in the DSS offices when they were in Churton Road and there was a family of foxes that would play on the railway behind the building.

Ive seen them all over town when coming home from work or staggering home from the pub.

Im not too far away from Pines and used to see foxes on our estate regularly ( off the railway ) not so much now we have got wheelie bins!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: fox   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:57 am

Hi
I keep chickens as well (warrens) also fox-proof after learning the hard way many years ago. There are loads around, but not as many as I used to see most days where I lived. at least 5 a day.
They always appear bigger this time of year as they puff their fur up to insulate themselves.
bok bok bok bok lol! bok bok
Mick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:43 pm

used to see quite a few when i lived on rhuddlan road. used to see them on the anwyl estate every now and then. usually at silly hours of the morning. once saw a badger there as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:02 pm

As most know i live inland at Mold.

There are loads around this area, i came home one night late having been out to friends.

As i turned into the drive, there was one sitting on the garage roof, i've seen one chasing a Cat and a squirrel around the estate.

They can make a hell of a noise when mating, and when your up the woods alone walking it can be very scarey if you don't know what it is.

We have one at the Cricket ground and he keeps Sh-ting on the Wicket everyday, its a very musty smell.

Sounded like there were a couple in our Bedroom last night.... lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:47 am

Wink Wink Wink used to see one on the beach at low water when pumping worm a few years ago at the back of sunny vale.also seen them on the car park at the back of the blue shark building must have come off the cob Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks for all the information.

Kev mentioned the introduction of Wheelie bins. Maybe that's why they are venturing up my way!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 pm

i was down west shore llandudno the other night with my headlamp there must have been twenty foxes on the beach
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Tony Lever wrote:
Now these are "Urban Foxes"... Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Quality Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wormdrowner
Cod Hunter

Number of posts : 210
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5524

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:58 pm

see one quite regular coming off the beach onto sandy cove where i live when fishing late
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13883

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:35 am

Opened the caravan door this morning to find a load of Deer outside, dont know who had the biggest fright me or them lol
Dont see many foxes these days i wonder if theyve moved into the towns for easier food ???

Last edited by logger on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:14 am

Its not surprising to see Foxes they come for the easy pickings take-away
left overs all over the streets rubbish bags waiting to be raided .Lots of people feed them as well.
Foxes will breed according to the amount of food available per square mile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Fox Sake!!!!!!!   For Fox Sake!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

For Fox Sake!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: General Stuff :: General Chat-
Jump to: