3 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13893

And Another New Pond  Empty
PostSubject: And Another New Pond    And Another New Pond  EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 7:27 pm

After I'd been spinning on my new lake which is now the older lake a work mate took me to an old quarry which is full of water and very deep and according to him stuffed with Brownies fish

And Another New Pond  20190918

Despite trying numerous types of spinner we both blanked  Violin

Wonder if the fish can sense the change in the weather and it puts them off their feed, it's been a lovely day but the rain is on it's way  
Rain

It's a good excuse anyway  lol!
Will definitely be trying this spot again bye
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4969

PostSubject: Re: And Another New Pond    And Another New Pond  EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 9:56 am

I think the fall in the air pressure effects the feeding.Apparently,after a couple of days of low pressure they sort of acclimatise to it,and come back on the feed.
Brownies don't have much caution,they grab at anything.
You could try a jigged sprat instead of a lure or spinner.
They grow bigger where they can eat smaller fish.
I usually find that if there are only small brownies in a stream,it's because there are no minnows.
I use an 8 or 10 size hook,no point in using a small hook..
A few free offerings will start them feeding usually.
Keep us posted. lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: And Another New Pond    And Another New Pond  EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 10:01 am

I use a bubble float with a 3ft trace,and freeline a live minnow,90% catch rate. lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13893

PostSubject: Re: And Another New Pond    And Another New Pond  EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 5:22 pm

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6474

PostSubject: Re: And Another New Pond    And Another New Pond  EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 5:24 am

I used to fish a small reservoir near Cilcain, sometimes spinner, but more usually the smallish pink worms under a float set at about 6ft, no bites until the worm drifted in and touched the bottom.
Also used to use maggots under a float, chuck a few in, then cast. You can sometimes get a workup going
Same idea ground baiting a few maggots then flyfish a maggot on a small hook with a slow action making sure the trace straightens or you flick the maggot off.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: And Another New Pond    And Another New Pond  EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 11:42 am

Had a think about how to fish your hidden lakes.
If you put an inline bubble float on your main line,then a bead,and then a swivel,you could have a leader without a weight(at a length that's convenient to cast)
You can put a stop knot on your main line to the depth you want to fish,and adjust it to suit.
You can use any bait you fancy.
With the bubble float partially filled with water for the weight,you could cast almost any distance you wanted,and any depth.
You could even spin with it and use any lure you fancy.
If you are looking for the fish,you can cover any distance or depth.
If you have trouble getting the hook and bait down,you could add a couple of weights.
It's a simple setup.
Are you having another go at the lakes?
The setup would work in the sea,you can set the depth to just over weedbeds or rocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Another New Pond    And Another New Pond  Empty

Back to top Go down

And Another New Pond
Page 1 of 1