5 posters
AuthorMessage
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7232

A long walk to corkwing country Empty
PostSubject: A long walk to corkwing country   A long walk to corkwing country EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 3:46 pm

I decided on a trip to the breakwater yesterday afternoon, it was quite calm and sunny when I got there and after a 25 minute walk I got set up near the far end. Before I could get my 2nd rod set up I had a double header of corkwings and that set the scene for the next couple of hours. Apart from a few small ballans and one lonesome rockling I lost count of the corkies somewhere between 25 and 30 The other rod with the big hooks stayed completely quiet apart from the hooks being stripped bare. I moved twice, trying the outside in front of the lighthouse and further back by the green light but couldn`t get away from those corkwings, so I decided, as the wind had got up and spray was starting to blow over the top wall 2 hours before high, it was time for a move to dock bach, the walk back took 10 minutes longer against the wind! It turned out that if I`d stayed another half hour I`d have been stuck there till 1a.m. as the roads around Newry beach were all closed owing to a big fire at the marina. We had a good view of it from dock bach and the smoke obscured the whole ferry terminal, all you could see were flames and blue lights lighting the sky.
This rockling has had me looking at pictures on the net all morning, and I`m calling it a 3 bearded as the mottled sides don`t appear in any shore rockling I can find. scratch study

A long walk to corkwing country Sam_0629
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13905

PostSubject: Re: A long walk to corkwing country   A long walk to corkwing country EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Lovely markings on that fish flower
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7870

PostSubject: Re: A long walk to corkwing country   A long walk to corkwing country EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 am

Good report well done. fishing fish fish
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6059

PostSubject: Re: A long walk to corkwing country   A long walk to corkwing country EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 12:03 pm

An eventful day there nice photo too fishing fish fish
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13669

PostSubject: Re: A long walk to corkwing country   A long walk to corkwing country EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Maybe you've found a new species they could name after you!

Last edited by Notbad on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A long walk to corkwing country   A long walk to corkwing country EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 1:13 am

Sounds like a belt in session to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long walk to corkwing country   A long walk to corkwing country Empty

Back to top Go down

A long walk to corkwing country
Page 1 of 1