5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7869

Mind the surf (Just Warning) Empty
PostSubject: Mind the surf (Just Warning)   Mind the surf (Just Warning) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 4:32 pm

I am on holiday in Dorset at the moment and went to Hive beach the other evening with a rod and a feather rig set up, and started fishing and an old gentleman came down the beach with rod in hand and started casting next to me, he had been there about 10 minutes when he hooked onto a large pieces of sea weed, he dragged it so for up the beach but not out of the surf walked forward to free his line when a wave came up the beach and knocked him over, he managed to get on his hands and knees but every time he tried to stand he was hit by the next wave and as he turned his line got round his legs. Fortunately I was quite close by and went to help him out. It made me think though had he been on his own he would have been in real trouble and I think the sea would have got him, it just shows you can't be to carful. It is a nice sandy beach with what would appear to have no dangers at all the sort of place you would let your kids go playing without giving it a second thought.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13668

PostSubject: Re: Mind the surf (Just Warning)   Mind the surf (Just Warning) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Good warning!

Just had the Environment Agency flood warning for North Wales coast by the way
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13904

PostSubject: Re: Mind the surf (Just Warning)   Mind the surf (Just Warning) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Well done Jim thumbs up
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9938

PostSubject: Re: Mind the surf (Just Warning)   Mind the surf (Just Warning) EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Great stuff Jim thumbs up
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7231

PostSubject: Re: Mind the surf (Just Warning)   Mind the surf (Just Warning) EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 11:35 am

Good work Jim, so many people don`t realise the power in the backwash, we very often fish beaches where we wade out to cast, and if you venture out a bit too far it can lift you off your feet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mind the surf (Just Warning)   Mind the surf (Just Warning) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mind the surf (Just Warning)
Page 1 of 1