2 posters
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1714
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4973

One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers Empty
PostSubject: One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers   One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 11:13 pm

I struggle with putting weights on the line,and tying hooks on at the bankside,mainly because of non responsive fat fingers and wearing glasses.
I saw a vid on using "Gummy float stops" There is no need to crimp weights on the line anywhere.
i.e on a waggler you use a float stop either side of the float,then add a mini swivel to the line just above the hook,on the swivel you attach a small length of line with weights on it(you can do a few on the table at home
to save struggling on the bank)A float stop is then put on the line to set the distance from the hook.
The float stops are easy to put on,they have a wire loop similar to a sewing needle threader,you just put the line thro' the wire loop and slide the float stop on the line.
If you put enough weights on,you now have a sliding rig.
If you want to use the "Lift method"you add a float stop on both sides of the small swivel,on the main line.
There is no weight crimped on the line anywhere.It's very handy for setting and finding the depth,just move the float stops next to the float. The other plus is that there is no line damage crimping the weights on,and no weights "popping off" when you slide them along to change the depth.
The number of times I have been put off going fishing because of the struggle you wouldn't believe.
I can't be the only one,so I thought it might be worth posting.
My present trick is to take two extending travel rods,already set up,just throw them in the boot of the car,and they are all ready to go.I've got better rods,but travel rods are handy sometimes.
You can get "large Gummy stops"for sea float fishing,dead handy because they just slide easily.
I don't doubt some of you guys will be already using float stops,but I reckon it's handy for some of the older guys on here who will be able to get back on the bank.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13896

PostSubject: Re: One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers   One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 7:39 am

Nice one Stan thumbs up
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1714
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4973

PostSubject: Re: One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers   One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 am

Cheers Dave,my pleasure lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers   One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers Empty

Back to top Go down

One for the old guys with pork sausage fingers
Page 1 of 1