7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6483

The Auckland boat show Empty
PostSubject: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptyFri May 19, 2017 6:56 am

Took myself to the Auckland off the water boat show, (there is an on the water one for launches and yatchts) It is held at Aucklands racecourse and showgrounds just south of Auckland central. The show is held in 5 large halls and 2 multy tent complexes plus outside stands over 4 days. Entry $20 (10 quid)
A couple of photos would not load

The Auckland boat show Img_4410

This is the gate prize for some lucky B

The Auckland boat show Img_4413

The Auckland boat show Img_4412

The Auckland boat show Img_4411

The Auckland boat show Img_4414

A few bargains, but I overheard a tackle store owner say that his stand was costing him $20.000 for the 4 days. I only bought a few small items as no one stocked the reel I wanted
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7867

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptyFri May 19, 2017 8:20 am

boat thumbs up
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8072

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptyFri May 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Looks like a tackle tarts dream! Stevo would be in his element lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptyFri May 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Lots of things for your pocket money there Rhod!
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9936

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptyFri May 19, 2017 6:50 pm

headwyn wrote:
Looks like a tackle tarts dream! Stevo would be in his element lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol!

Looks great Rhod kev's right that is my dream lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptyFri May 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Looks like heaven Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1717
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4984

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptySat May 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Ooh,I'm going to start saving up. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6483

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptySun May 21, 2017 12:15 am

For Stevo and others.
Apart from trout and salmon there is not much coarse fishing done in NZ, we have rudd, tench, perch, koi, small catfish and some carp. They are all labeled noxiouse and it is illegal to move them, and are supposed to be killed if caught. They were all introduced before there were controlls in place, as were rabbits, hares, possums, stoats, hedgehogs, 5 types of deer, thar, wallabies 3 types of rat, mice, humans and probably a few more. Just about all of these have become expensive problems for natural NZ.
Before the first humans (Polynesians) arrived here about 700 years ago, the largest mammal was a small bat, birds and insects ruled.
The rudd I have caught here are vibrant red and silver with near black backs. The koi carp are in plague numbers and up to 15KG in the rivers and swamps just south of Auckland.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1717
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4984

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptySun May 21, 2017 9:48 am

What about "Kilroy" he was 'ere,was he there? lol! lol!

Sounds like the catch and release policy we have here is just the opposite in NZ.
I know they took Rabbits to OZ initially to feed the new settlers,I've been out in the bush in South Australia
at night with a spotlight,the rabbits were like a carpet in places.
Saw a paddock(field) full of trapdoor spiders,they looked like broken brown glass.
I said to the two Aussies I was with,why have they dumped broken glass out here in the bush?
They took me over for a closer look.
When it was breeding season for the big Bluey crabs (big red crabs)as the waves broke on the beach
there were crabs with their claws sticking upwards for as far as the eye could see.Not a good time for a swim,
too risky for tackle losses. lol!
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9936

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show EmptySun May 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
For Stevo and others.
Apart from trout and salmon there is not much coarse fishing done in NZ, we have rudd, tench, perch, koi, small catfish and some carp. They are all labeled noxiouse and it is illegal to move them, and are supposed to be killed if caught. They were all introduced before there were controlls in place, as were rabbits, hares, possums, stoats, hedgehogs, 5 types of deer, thar, wallabies 3 types of rat, mice, humans and probably a few more. Just about all of these have become expensive problems for natural NZ.
Before the first humans (Polynesians) arrived here about 700 years ago, the largest mammal was a small bat, birds and insects ruled.
The rudd I have caught here are vibrant red and silver with near black backs. The koi carp are in plague numbers and up to 15KG in the rivers and swamps just south of Auckland.

Koi to 15kg I wouldn't mind fishing for those cth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Auckland boat show   The Auckland boat show Empty

Back to top Go down

The Auckland boat show
Page 1 of 1