sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holyhead Breakwater 17/09

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 Empty
PostSubject: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 10:31 am

Off to the breakwater again yesterday.

Arrived half hour before high and fished it straight down to low next to the second set of steps. It was quite busy further up just before the bend and to the end itself.
Spoke with quite a few on their way back, reports of doggies, wrasse, flattties etc best catch being couple of smoothhounds to lug.

For me it was a different story, had a rod out with rag or mackerel and one down the side with sabiki's tipped with rag and not a bean for a couple of hours. Its over a two hour drive so wasnt going to give up, debated a venue change but kids were having more luck than me with crab nets down the side so stayed put. They had goby's, prawn, crabs and a few little fish I couldnt identify.
As the water receeded I wasnt confident as I was not only in a couple of foot of water and the bottom was clearly in sight. Sabakis were then flicked out about 7 metres into where the water dropped off much deeper.
First fish was a ballan, same size as a size nine shoe and my pb so was really happy....apart from my only bite of the day happened my other rod at same time and it was a good un but missed it.
After that it was continuous and fun with alsorts coming out to the sabikis'. Swapped the main rod out so had two on sabikis, just kept flicking them out into the depths with a two ounce bomb on and tightning the line up.
Ended up with wrasse, rock gobies, pollock, mackerel, poor cod/pounting and a female dragonet. Weather was good and it turned into my best day fishing (fun wise) since I started last year, kids loved it. They were mostly small and minnies but kept me busy right up until 6:30pm when it was time for the trek home.

url=https://servimg.com/view/19519924/10]Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 Wp_20117[/url]
url=https://servimg.com/view/19519924/13]Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 Wp_20120[/url]
url=https://servimg.com/view/19519924/14]Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 Wp_20121[/url]

Cheers logger for photo advice

Last edited by SimonT on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13904

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 10:55 am

Well done on a great session Very Happy

Did you click on the icon under the B for your pics  Question

Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 Screen10

If not try it, 3 lines of code will appear once you've pressed "send all" then you can copy the middle code then paste it onto your report or on my device I can just click on the little photo and it appears on the report all by itself thumbs up
You may need to resize it first but you can check it out by pressing preview before selecting send.
It's quite simple once you've done it honestly Very Happy
(I believe it may be different on an ipad though confused )
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7869

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Good report and some nice pictures well done for sticking to plan A. cheers
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8074

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Good report, well done on finding the fish!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13904

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Well done some lovely pics mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13668

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Nice varied haul there!
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6058

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Well done fella plenty variety there for you cheers cheers cheers fishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 2:35 pm

well done keep the reports coming fish fish bye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater 17/09   Holyhead Breakwater 17/09 Empty

Back to top Go down

Holyhead Breakwater 17/09
Page 1 of 1