sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to save money

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: How to save money   How to save money EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi everyone, good afternoon
As some of you are aware I am new to the area and going to take up beach fishing, having been a coarse angler since a kid.
So i'm looking at buying some new tackle, and as you'll no doubt appreciate it's not everyday you get to invest in a new rod and reel. Something to get a little excited over and certainly looking forward to!
However this is a complete nonsense and is just frittering money away and totally unnecessary. Why? I hear you ask!
Because one rod is all you need for fishing.
I know this because the wife told me.............
If you see some twat on Rhyl beach with a 13' match rod, stick float fishing, that'll be me. Shocked

Back to top Go down

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 4:54 pm

There's sometimes people on here that sell tackle.
I've got a sonic SKS black 13' rod with reel for sale, but no good being in Cornwall.
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6478

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Kork, do not despair, I started fishing at Rhyl with fresh water gear, in the Fforyd harbour. Things have changed a bit in the last 50 years, but the river is still there, and I am sure there are still flounder there. I think I only fished there in the summer when the river did not have too much water coming down.
Take the time to walk around the river at low tide, any pools or runs without too much current are worth a try. I used to fish off the old wooden boat wreck down from the blue bridge, Rhyl side, bait was harbour ragworm from the mud behind me, though small garden worms or even lugwom should work. I used to trot a float down the pool which then shallowed just below the wreck, there were a few snags close in that sometimes claimed the odd better fish but at times the small flounder must have been nose to tail, with bites most casts. Flounder go a long way upriver, though I first tried across from the castle at Rhuddlan, but caught only eels.
I can also remember catching flounder from the lower Alun river, above the tides influence along with a few small chubb.
Until then, you may have to join the heavy brigade hurling 4oz of lead at the horizon, meet up with some of the regulars, and see what they use before you buy, there is so much gear out there, you want what will work for you. Best of luck, Rhod
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7862

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:18 am

Oh boy hood memories it brings everything back. Basketball I love you santa fishing
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13897

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:

I used to fish off the old wooden boat wreck down from the blue bridge, Rhyl side,

That's no good now Rhod, Simon has painted it blue and is using it on the Mersey lol!
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9931

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Logger wrote:
Rhod Lloyd wrote:

I used to fish off the old wooden boat wreck down from the blue bridge, Rhyl side,

That's no good now Rhod, Simon has painted it blue and is using it on the Mersey lol!

lol! lol! lol! boat
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 8:56 pm

boat lol! lol! rolling laugh
Back to top Go down

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Logger wrote:
Rhod Lloyd wrote:

Haha........twat
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6478

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Good one Simon, charge him double next charter, or ban him for life!
I am sure Suveran floats better than the City of Ottawa.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 9:49 pm

tongue
Back to top Go down

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Good one Simon, charge him double next charter, or ban him for life!
I am sure Suveran floats better than the City of Ottawa.

I'm already close to banning him. Every time he books on we get strong winds and I have to cancel. I can't afford to keep losing money
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:04 pm

It's your own fault you should stay off the curry Exclamation
Back to top Go down

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Kork wrote:
However this is a complete nonsense and is just frittering money away and totally unnecessary. Why? I hear you ask!
If you see some twat on Rhyl beach with a 13' match rod, stick float fishing, that'll be me. Shocked

So that means she only needs one pair of shoes or one handbag?? And point out that make-up malarkey is complete nonsense as well...
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:16 pm

Pete E wrote:
Kork wrote:

So that means she only needs one pair of shoes or one handbag?? And point out that make-up malarkey is complete nonsense as well...

Just tell her the make-up doesn't work then when she storms out go on the computer and buy the second rod. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:27 pm

Or live longer and happier by keeping quiet lol!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Logger wrote:
Or live longer and happier by keeping quiet lol!

Coward! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to save money Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to save money   How to save money Empty

Back to top Go down

How to save money
Page 1 of 1