AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13898

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 11:56 am

Had a few days away in Dubai on the Persian Gulf, left last Saturday got back last night Cool
We were stopping at a hotel over looking the creek which was full of fishing boats.

A Few Days Away 20160222

A Few Days Away 20160223

I was hoping to get in amongst them at some point for a bit of fishing but once I'd done a recce of the area I found it would have been impossible what with all the ropes and what have you then I found out you need a licence anyway so that was that until we had a trip to the beach  sunny  fishing

A Few Days Away 20160210

A Few Days Away 20160211

A Few Days Away 20160212

A Few Days Away 20160213

The beach was as expected my idea of hell with sunbathers everywhere and nowhere suitable for fishing  Sad   

A Few Days Away 20160215

In the sea Jet skies motored around as did motor boats pulling along water skiers or people attached to parachutes as others towed their inflatable Bananas whilst turning this way and that trying to throw the thrill seekers into the sea, a small plane was making regular trips into the air to let skydivers enjoy the thrill of a near death experience  affraid  
I tried to book the Mrs on but she wasn't having it  What a Face  

With all this going on I'd almost given up all hope of any fishing whatsoever until some way over to my left I saw someone who appeared to be fishing from some rocks where a lot of the bigger boats were coming from  Exclamation

A quick goodbye to the loved one was said (who I think by this time was glad to see the back of me and my moaning) and me and my travel rod were off along with the few odds and ends I'd managed to squeeze into a small pack and some crusty bread I'd borrowed from the hotel breakfast bar sunny

After a 20 minute walk along the beach I got to my mark where there was indeed a local chap fishing which I thought had to be a good sign, luckily he spoke some English and gave me a few pointers the main one being use a float Exclamation
Slight problem..... I hadn't brought a float Neutral

Of course being British one couldn't give up so one did what made the British Empire Great and one improvised and used a de hooked plastic lure as a float and a Fladen Living Shrimp feather rig with the shrimps taken off leaving just the size 6 hooks to dangle below it which gave me 5 hooks at various depths and it worked a treat Idea Cool

From the 1st cast I was into some very lively Garfish which put up a great fight on my light gear and provided some great sport for a small fish  cheers

A Few Days Away 20160219

A Few Days Away 20160217

I tried a bit of bottom fishing for something different but they either wern't there or just didn't fancy the bread bait being offered so I went back to my improvised float and had some more fun with the Garfish  Very Happy

A Few Days Away 20160218

A Few Days Away 20160220

We came back the next day and I fished the same spot and used the same gear but after an hour without any bites I moved along to where the local guy had been but only caught the one but at least it was a differrent species this time  Smile

A Few Days Away 20160221

But even a blank would have been better than cooking to death on the beach though  lol!

Home now and back to reality and looking forward to catching a Pin Whiting or two bye
Back to top Go down

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Looks like u had a great time owddd ..well done on catching a few fish .. You've got a good one there owddd letting u fish while on an exotic holiday lol! lol! . I am going Yorkshire tomorrow and my rods will be at home . Apart from my rod lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13661

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Glad you got away with fishing without a licence or you'd have been out on the lash instead!

Hope you returned that borrowed bread!

Great report that.

Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7132

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Interesting pots Very Happy
Back to top Go down

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Well done Dave! Shocked

On escaping the country after fishing without a license. All those stories we read could of been you. locked up for 10 years and 500 lashes

cheers
Well done on the fish mate
cth
Back to top Go down

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Well done mate,great report and pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7225

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Well done Dave, but garfish strip is a great bait for a lot of species, you`ll have to go back and try again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9932

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Super report mate and cracking pictures fishing

Great idea using a floating plug as a float cheers
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8068

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Nice one Johnny. Thought you would have gone to Benidorm though lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7863

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Well done Dave a great report and a good set of pictures. How did you get away with taking a rod? cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 am

squidward wrote:
Well done Dave, but garfish strip is a great bait for a lot of species, you`ll have to go back and try again. Very Happy
I thought of keeping one as bait but had nothing to cut it up with Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:10 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Well done Dave a great report and a good set of pictures. How did you get away with taking a rod? cheers
It's a 4 piece 9ft travel rod which I put in the wife's baggage just incase Wink
Back to top Go down

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Well done Dave great report
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7225

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:39 pm

Logger wrote:
squidward wrote:
I thought of keeping one as bait but had nothing to cut it up with Crying or Very sad

Surely you could have slipped a filleting knife in your carry on luggage,
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:17 pm

lol! affraid
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6479

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Good work Dave, nothing like a bit of improvising that works. Next time, a bigger float and use the garfish as a live bait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Few Days Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Days Away   A Few Days Away Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Days Away
Page 1 of 1