Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cold but happy!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Got the kids this weekend ,my youngest two where going shopping up Hanley duck with steph ,, my eldest two jack and Alfie where chomping at the bit for a bit of pikeing action ..they went a walk down keele university with there mum a few weekends ago . And watched an angler catch a pike .and have been badgering me to take them ever since .. Ages since I've been here ..was young myself then lol five lovely little pools in the grounds of the university and no clubs own them ..the views are lovely around them .. With lib and freedie shopping I took them get some sprats and headed to keele ..
Very cold morning with lots of snow on the ground we headed to the pools first pool we counted a shole of carp about fifteen no bigger than five pound in very shallow water ...the plan was all fish one rod and minimal amount of tackle so we can give each swim thirty mins then move ..setting up jacks rod , he only brought two sections of different rods lol ..dohhhhhhh .so I handed him mine to use , I wasn't botherd I got a flask of coffee and I was happy taking in the soroundings and watching my offspring ..
Cold but happy! 8E9EFBFC-3842-43B3-B6C7-E75E6D7B15D2_zpswkrnt0at
I very pikey looking pond and wish I brought some pinkies to catch some live baits ..
Boys set up and watching there floats ..
Cold but happy! A6904410-3E60-4ECB-A0C8-6040BEFB27E3_zps0ijlfgip
Cold but happy! 26F8B187-CE4C-4EA9-B303-D84D2F5B6C65_zpsl3zcf8kb
After about thirty mins jacks floats sprung into live ,and he hooked the first pike of the day ,, it fought well for a jack pike then snagged him in a big dead branch close in .. Giving it slack line it kept pulling hard but wouldn't come free and we could see it in the clear water .. Said to my little owwdd ,well not so little he his six foot lol , try different angle owddd he followed is dads advise and he was rewarded ! . Is smile said it all ,and his cold hands and feet where soon forgot about ...
Cold but happy! F958B41D-4366-41E0-95B4-9C7308F9425B_zpszdxltlqa
That was all the action in this pool ,,after three hours and they where starting feel the cold so on way back to car they wonted try the next pool up .its only about fifty foot by fifty lol it's tiny and very over grown .and you could only fish it from one spot because of trees and vegetation ..jack cast in first with his dead bait ,but it was shallow and clear and you could see his sprat on the bottom .. Thinking to myself were ready for home now and he won't catch here but it's keeping them good .. I was awake in from my thoughts as roach scattered everywhere in the middle of this tiny pool lol ..as Alfie not had any action today I shouted him over and set him a tiny shad lure up ..it was to tricky for Alfie to underarm here as it was very restricted .. Sat next to him first underarm cast and only reeled a little line in then bang ! I then handed him the rod and let him do the rest ..
Cold but happy! AAE2909C-5A8C-41A7-AB62-A8622DDB32AA_zpsr5iegtda
Cold but happy! DB95E6B0-4560-4018-AB16-5897C950E042_zps4rnylz3k
Then it was home time ..two very happy boys ,then returned home to watch fishing on there iPads and told me they loved today ..job done !

Till next time ....
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13904

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Fantastic report mate and great photos cheers
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Great report mate and some cracking pics,well done
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9938

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:03 pm

cracking report tim your lad certainly knows how to catch pike cheers cheers

me and cole are hoping to go tomorrow to catch some pike and perch fishing fishing
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Good luck Stevo cheers
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9938

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks Tim are kids love catching pike Rock on
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7869

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:47 pm

Nice report and pictures Tim I bet it was cold out there today but if the lads were happy then who cares. All the best for tomorrow Steve.cheers
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 12:20 am

great report and pics tim and as you said job done with the kids cold but happy ice cth bye
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 am

Well done all great report/pics ooowwwdddd
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 9:17 am

Great report and pics, well done
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7231

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 9:48 am

Well done Tim and lads, proper dad fishing, Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:10 am

Well done mate, priceless ice
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13668

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:31 am

Cracking report, did you say snow?

We'll all be checking for mismatched rod sections in future!
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 11:35 am

Yea Paul we had a fair bit of snow in stoke Friday night
Back to top Go down

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 pm

good report mate well done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold but happy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold but happy!   Cold but happy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold but happy!
Page 1 of 1