Go down 
+3
stevo
Logger
tatch
7 posters
AuthorMessage

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 12:12 pm

set off with billy to fish Tywyn but when we got there it was far to rough to launch the boat so we went to Aberdovey. the idea was to see if we could get to sea from there and that was what we did. it was a bit choppy and getting mackerel was a bit hard but managed enough for bait. plus i had my first ever greater weaver and my first tub gurnard of the year.  billy got us on a reef mark he knows that is good for the bream and first drop we were into poliack nothing big but felt good on the shrimp rigs. we were also getting dogs and huss on the same rigs.  the bream came on and were great fun on the light gear. it was none stop fishing till about 3-00 when we had to make our way back we had g/ weaver gurnard whiting dogs huss a spider crab mackerel and bream my first ever and none stop pollack so a few pics of the day
3 firsts in 1 day Wp_20126
3 firsts in 1 day Wp_20127
3 firsts in 1 day Wp_20128
3 firsts in 1 day Wp_20129
3 firsts in 1 day Wp_20130
3 firsts in 1 day Wp_20131
we did a bit of drifting for the bass but had no luck it was a bit hairy coming back through the channel into the estuary on the way back with some big waves but billy took it in his stride and soon had us back on the trailer so great fishing and great company thanks for the day out billy bye boat
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6053

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Great report & photos Alan lots of variety there it does look choppy too i haven't caught one of them big weavers for years not bothered about catching another either they are lovely marked fish though.Well done the pair of you cheers cheers cheers cheers boat
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13899

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Well done Al cracking report and pictures boat cheers
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9933

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Plenty of species their al well done chaps Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Well done fellow fishers of men ice
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13662

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Great report, sure puts the Splash Point Weevers in the shade
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7226

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:01 am

Great report and pics, I don`t think I`d try my finger and thumb bottom lip grip on those weevers
affraid
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7864

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:56 am

Great report and pictures Alan well done to both of you.cheers
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8069

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Nice trip!

Well done on all the species. cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13899

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Does anybody know if the sting/venom from the greater weever is worse than its little cousins Question
Back to top Go down

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Logger wrote:
Does anybody know if the sting/venom from the greater weever is worse than its little cousins Question
i've been told its not as bad as the little one but don't want to find out for myself affraid
Back to top Go down

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:44 am

From a medical perspective, (having worked in A&E departments on seaside resorts such as hastings, east sussex and poole, dorset) it was generally accepted that the lesser weaver is the more vemonous of the two. however the instances of greater weavers "getting" humans are much rarer then lessers anyway. imagine standing on that big bugger?!?

Certianly trumps the weavers i caught over at splash, they couldve been used as livebaits! Well done lads, nice report.
Back to top Go down

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 11:32 am

Great report Al ,well done mate
Back to top Go down

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:05 am

Great report chaps,well done on the fish fishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 firsts in 1 day Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 firsts in 1 day   3 firsts in 1 day Empty

Back to top Go down

3 firsts in 1 day
Page 1 of 1