6 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13905

When East Meets West Empty
PostSubject: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 3:58 pm

I had the great pleasure of joining up with my old friend Graham and his mates who were over from Scarborough for the last day of their weeks fishing holiday on the island fishing Cool

Llam Carw, Amlwch was the mark they had in mind but once they saw the rocky outcrop below the empty house just out of the car park it was decided to fish there and save the walk Laughing

We climbed down a narrow gap between the rocks which put us onto a ledge with enough room for the 5 of us.

When East Meets West 20150645

When East Meets West 20150646

The rods were soon set up and baits were in the water and from the off it was Doggies galore and I even managed one myself cheers
After I lost my third rig in the snaggy ground I decided to set up my light rod with a float and pack the big one away as I don't mind catching Dog fish but I do mind throwing tackle away just to catch them Exclamation

Didn't have any luck with the float but Graham had found a deep pool on the side of us so he made up a very simple rig with the smallest hook i've ever seen and with a 2oz weight attached he sent it to the bottom to be rewarded in no time at all with a hell of a bang and some proper rod rattling shakes resulting in a nice smash and grab merchant, a Wrasse cheers
On seeing this I was straight over, Graham quickly made me up a similar rig, I tried with some lug at first which got bites but no takers until I had a go with a tiny piece of Rag worm then I was soon into my first Wrasse of the year cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Great fun on light gear Rock on

When East Meets West 20150647

When East Meets West 20150648

They have some good sharp teeth too Exclamation

When East Meets West 20150649

Graham with his Wrasse

When East Meets West 20150650

The lads were still hoping for something decent to come along so big baits were put out and light gear was used between bites but only Dogs came up  Rolling Eyes

When East Meets West 20150651

When East Meets West 20150652

When East Meets West 20150653

When East Meets West 20150655

When East Meets West 20150654

When East Meets West 20150656

When East Meets West 20150657

When East Meets West 20150658

When East Meets West 20150659

When East Meets West 20150660

When East Meets West 20150661

Earlier in the week the lads had some nice fish fish

When East Meets West Img-2010

When East Meets West Img-2011

When East Meets West Img-2012

It was a great day out and great company with top anglers who really know their stuff Very Happy

Can't wait to go again cheers cheers cheers bye
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13669

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Nice East West fusion !

Liking the Wrasse teeth pic, not sure I'd fancy the climb to the mark though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Great report Dave and well done on the wrass,great pics aswell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:17 pm

great report and pics as always dave. thats the trouble with rock fishing you find a good place to fish and its full of snags.affraid ( well you did anyway ) Laughing  but it looked a great day out well done to you all fish fish fish fishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Great report owdddd looks like you all enjoyed your selfs cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Top report great set of pics logger you were in the right place but it fishes better in dark over low mate
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9939

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Another logger special cracking report pal loving the pic's
well done everyone cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7870

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 6:42 pm

A good report and pictures once again Dave if they gave prizes for reports you would win every time.cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
A good report and pictures once again Dave if they gave prizes for reports you would win every time.cheers
(Cheques in the post Wink )
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:34 pm

joker44 wrote:
Top report great set of pics logger you were in the right place but it fishes better in dark over low mate
I'll bet but I'm not brave enough lol!
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6059

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Great report & photos theres some fair old gnashers on them wrasse well done all cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8075

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:01 am

Great report Johnny!

Its much more fun if you do the yomp though, and in the dark. Im sure Fairziff will remember!

https://sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com/t139-the-welshman-who-went-down-a-hill-but-came-up-a-mountain?highlight=mountain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:30 am

Great report dave and great pics fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:13 pm

Good report and pics mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Cracking report and pics Dave well done looked a great day fishing and all cought fish witch is nice well done to u all fishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When East Meets West   When East Meets West Empty

Back to top Go down

When East Meets West
Page 1 of 1