sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Massive gill net

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Massive gill net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive gill net   Massive gill net EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:17 am

Billibuo wrote:
Laurance, or whatever you call yourself, before you start shouting the odds why not get your facts right.
The massive gill net that that you have expertly identified is in fact 1 trammel net and 1 tangle net, which were used for plaice and not bass and were used over 16 miles away from Prestatyn.
These nets have never been used, or never will be used for bass and nothing illegal has taken place. The flounder and plaice that the nets took were in fact distributed amongst club members
PSC is a responsible club with responsible members and I resent your innuendo that things are otherwise.
I notice that this is your second pop about supposed bass netting, as you had a go at Wormy a few days ago .
Well a few facts mister.
This coast has been netted since time began, you obviously feel that you know the law as much as most of us, but I will refresh you on the section that says " provided fish are not sold and netting only takes place within designated areas and excludes certain fish species, there is no offence being committed.
I have a question for you now, please tell us all how you have acquired such knowledge that you can state specifically that " before this net wipes out all of our local bass, which I assure you it will do"
It might be well to consider your answer carefully as you are on a bit of a legal slope here.

Exellent reply Cool Cool to many people jump on the gill net band wagon . not only on this forum but on many others . Mad Mad
Back to top Go down

Massive gill net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive gill net   Massive gill net EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Laurence wrote:
Billibuo, your right about the "legal slope" so as its my day off today i shall contact the following authorities and send them the photos i took ,
Enviroment agency
fisheries
Denbighshire county council
Inland revenue
My sister in law at the department of social security

They will all have more legal knowledge than i.

If everything is above board, legal and within the terms of the lease then no-one has anything to get angry about.

Ive had too many of my favourite bass marks cleaned out by gill nets,
its very upsetting to drive to a mark on anglesey or the llyn and see nets in the water, knowing that net can kill more fish in a few days than i could catch in a year.

Steve@supreme, i disagree, not enough people jump on the gill net band wagon.
Commercial,licienced fishermen have the right to use them, but in my experience the majority of users are "hobby netters, " who sell the fish and dont declare to the tax or social security.

We are all stakeholders, but a few unliciensed netters take much more than their fair share.

have you ever been to wylfa power station water outlet more bass CAUGHT here with rod and line than any gill net could catch off our coast .most if not all are sold to chinesse restraunts though out north wales .by hobby fishermen as you put it
Back to top Go down

Massive gill net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive gill net   Massive gill net EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Why don't you all meet up at the Sailing club and sort this out amongst yourselves.

Like Ian says it won't be long before Mike has to moderate this and other threads.

I'm not getting involved because this issue is well over my head.

I'm just your everyday FUN angler who likes this Forum and doesn't want it to go pear shaped.

Spaceman.
Back to top Go down

Massive gill net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive gill net   Massive gill net EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:45 pm

billibuo wrote:
Nothing to sort.
We are now bored with it and wont respond anymore.

Good.
Back to top Go down

Massive gill net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive gill net   Massive gill net EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 9:24 am

andybwilkes wrote:
Guys I think its time to draw a line under the subject as Mikes finger must be hovering over the button,
As Ian has said you are are all welcome to register and post your reports, as long as what you do is within the law,
wish you all well in your fishing whether it be commercial or hobby.

Here Here..
Well said Andy.
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7219

Massive gill net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive gill net   Massive gill net EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:03 pm

I`ve seen other forums ruined by quasi political wrangling and ill informed people jumping on the band wagon, it would be an awful shame to see this one go the same way. Let`s keep it for angling matters and the light-hearted stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Massive gill net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Massive gill net   Massive gill net Empty

Back to top Go down

Massive gill net
Page 1 of 1