4 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13658

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Empty
PostSubject: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 pm

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen

Working around Aberdeen and Inverurie this last week offered the prospect to fish some "fresh" sea water at the other " Dee side"

Monday night took a recce down the harbour as the flood gathered pace.

Disappointed to find the breakwater gated I tried chucking Morrisons Mackerel off the beach that runs north of Aberdeen

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zpsca800b56

Workmate Andy shared the rod,

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zpsdd22e823

Casting range on my tele rod was a bit restricted, so we bet on a shift to the wall for another hour

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zpsaa2ddf74

The news had reported Dolphins coming well inside the harbour, but tonight they stayed at the mouth, great to see but too far away for a pic

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps594a6933

Saw the odd mini species along the wall but failed to hook anything.

Before one last cast I tipped the remaining mackerel in to get a bait slick going... ...it kind of worked ...as Sammy popped up from nowhere

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps2aa6262a

Didn't get the chance to try again until Thursday evening. Followed my nose to check out the rocks to the South of Aberdeen and only 15 minutes drive from the city centre dropped lucky on the "gotta try here" village of Cove,

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps6cd870f9

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps7a99320c

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps5d99f142

This place certainly looks like rock fishing heaven, it would take weeks to explore the tumble over rock marks around here - no algae in the splash zone either!

Tipped lure flashes with Tesco raw tiger prawn and hung 'em beneath a float, spinning them in at intervals;

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps55375827

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps0bb155b5

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps80e01bbb

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zpsa03fd53f

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zpsa682e249

What with flying ( Manchester Airport to Aberdeen Dyce, the flight takes about an hour) I was travelling light and didn't have heavy duty gear or much lead with me but gambled a couple of rigs into the kelp fringes and inevitably lost 'em,

no takers but the many working boats and pots tell you there's gotta be sport down there.

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zpsc6fc5d96

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps4ba945d2

A fish less trip then, but met some entertaining local characters from Lairds to lads, renewed my taste for Bellhaven Black Stout with a scotch pie and Cove was one of the most pleasant evening line wetting and watching the world go by spots I've fished, I think I'd walk the 500 miles to fall down there again!

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Image_zps44e42a97
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:36 pm

Nice Try some great pics though!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13895

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Good effort Cool
Scotland has some great fishing marks and the further north you go the less there fished so its a real challange Exclamation
i consider my time there a real privalege but getting any local info is hard and tackle losses can be high as its rocky rocky rocky with sandy beaches few and far between Exclamation
But Aberdeen being so far south should be easy lol! good report as always cheers
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

Number of posts : 274
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5007

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 am

Brilliant report and pics mate,cant believe
you never caught after puttin the work in
SadSadSadSadSadSadSad
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13658

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Cheers! 
It's the fishing that counts, not the catching....until I catch one!

Love working in Scotland and yes local knowledge ( and lug!) can be hard to come by, I'm lucky that work takes me amazing places I'd never discover otherwise

Been reading about Cove Bay on Wikipedia - the granite quarried from here was used for London's Billingsgate Fish Market

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cove_Bay
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9172

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm

A report just as good as it gets!
Proof, if it were needed, that a great report doesn't have to contain a fish.
The coastline looks amazing up there.
Seems the Jet Set lifestyle continues Smile
I'm looking forward to a report where Notbad and Tim fish together. With Notbad flying there and staying in his usual 5 star accomodation, and Tim driving there and kipping in the car!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 am

Very good report Paul very good cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 am

Fairziff wrote

A report just as good as it gets!
Proof, if it were needed, that a great report doesn't have to contain a fish.
The coastline looks amazing up there.
Seems the Jet Set lifestyle continues A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Icon_smile
I'm looking forward to a report where Notbad and Tim fish together. With Notbad flying there and staying in his usual 5 star accomodation, and Tim driving there and kipping in the car!! A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Icon_smile

Sounds good mike sounds good ,got new girl on the go now ,and got do a few weekends work so you will have to wait a bit till my next car sortie lol
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:36 am

talkingbullhuss wrote:

Sounds good mike sounds good ,got new girl on the go now ,and got do a few weekends work so you will have to wait a bit till my next car sortie lol

You under the thumb already pal Question Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Choc logger wrote

You under the thumb already pal A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Icon_question A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Icon_razz

Good one me oooowwwwwdddd:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Thats a yes then lol!
you gotta train em from the start mate Exclamation

Got to go there's washing up to be done Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen   A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen Empty

Back to top Go down

A roll of the Dyce in Aberdeen
Page 1 of 1