6 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

Is this the way to Amarilla? Empty
PostSubject: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Following Fairziff's trip to check up on Sunnyrhyl's Canaries division a follow up audit was called for...
Sorted a tele rod at Geoff's and headed for the airport swapping snow drifts for 27 degrees

A week at the Hotel Aguamarina nestling between Golf Del Sur and Amarilla, South Tenerife

Is this the way to Amarilla? Th_tenerife1hotelview

Lady Notbad checked the books whilst I tackled the stock taking, sabikis were dangled and spun but the only fish I managed was a washed up cuttlefish bone -still a feeesh is a feeesh

Is this the way to Amarilla? Th_tenerife2annebook

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife1aaseachop
Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife3cuttlefish

It wasn't all work and no play though, as we took a boatride out from Los Christianos so the whales could watch us,

(Fishing charters are available from here at prices comparable to Rhyl but as I'm suffering a bit with carpal tunnel problems I was sticking to light shore fishing)

Is this the way to Amarilla? Th_tenerifesandcastleharbourechristianos
Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife6blackpearl
Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife5captainanne

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife5whaleustogether

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife5whaleshotclosest

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife5whaleshot2

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife5whaleshot3

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife5whaleshotcloser

"local feeesh" shoal in the harbour and along the paddle-line

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife7mullet1

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife7mullet2

the first fishing session on just sabikis had been hard going, but for round two Lady Notbad slipped some prawns from the buffet into her handbag and they made all the difference, I deployed the jif lemon float and bites were instant, first up was a bream,

Is this the way to Amarilla? P4101079-1

Is this the way to Amarilla? P4101081
Is this the way to Amarilla? P4101084

Anne was keen to get in on the action

Is this the way to Amarilla? Tenerife9annefishing

and she soon hooked into an eel but was a little too eager to land it and as it became airborne it thrashed about and slipped the hook so no photo

Couldn't let her beat me with the biggest fish so next day I was back with frozen shrimp and smoked herring offered down the same bit of rockside...

Is this the way to Amarilla? P4111087

Brilliant holiday 27 degress and a gentle breeze to calm the blazing sun- just perfect bliss...
...and afterall it was only a minor international incident in the Agentinean Restaurant the day the Iron Lady died... on reflection Anne's decision to wear "Thatcher blue" may have been just a little provocative!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7867

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 pm

That looks a great place to be and all that sun and shorts, all we can do is dream about things like that. A good report and pictures. I like the new boat I bet that's going to take a bit of pulling behind the car. lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm

kirky's dad wrote:
That looks a great place to be and all that sun and shorts, all we can do is dream about things like that. A good report and pictures. I like the new boat I bet that's going to take a bit of pulling behind the car. lol!

Must admit there were a few "when we win the lottery" boats about!

Is this the way to Amarilla? P4091014

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Looks like you had a good time Paul cheers
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7136

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Did you try with bread for the mullet? I found they are easier to catch over there than here (unless you are that mythical fella that fishes with frozen peas).
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm

MusselMan wrote:
Did you try with bread for the mullet? I found they are easier to catch over there than here (unless you are that mythical fella that fishes with frozen peas).

Didn't pester the tiny mullet myself but the locals were having regular success whipping them out on a brown paste moulded around small treble hooks, the mullet seemed a lot easier to hook than the ones in turkey where the locals did indeed use bread,

Anyone know what the brown paste is?

The mullet flocked to the floats as soon as they plopped in

I'm wondering what mullet returning to Rhyl will make of the changes
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 am

Great report and stunning pictures looks like a fantastic place to go sunny Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7136

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:45 pm

mythical mullet master wrote:
Musselman :- they werent frozen peas !! they were fresh garden peas cheers

Doh - thats where I have been going wrong. I need fresh not frozen for the mullet.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Notbad wrote:

Didn't pester the tiny mullet myself but the locals were having regular success whipping them out on a brown paste moulded around small treble hooks, the mullet seemed a lot easier to hook than the ones in turkey where the locals did indeed use bread,

Anyone know what the brown paste is?

Dont know what the brown paste is but when I was out there a good few years ago i caught lots of old trout on vodka cocktails lol!
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9936

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Cracking report paul great pics well done.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9179

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Great report Paul.
Looks like you both had a wonderful time.
The fish are just a bonus seems quite apt.
Good to see Mrs Notbad giving you a good run for your money too.

Hope you didn't order the Bernaise Sauce in that Argentinian restaurant though!!!!!
See you soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this the way to Amarilla?   Is this the way to Amarilla? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this the way to Amarilla?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: International Fishing Reports-
Jump to: