PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 am

Brilliant mate cheers cheers cheers
Good deed for the day cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: good on you   a helping hand EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Laughing A NICE GESTURE FROM A REALLY NICE BLOKE
newbie al wrote:
Decided to head the the beach after work today at low tide,set up at waters edge about an before low,mr seal kept me company about 200 yards out,anyway the fishing was slow and not even the crabs where playing,as the tide began to flood I started my way back along beach and stopping every so often for a cast,I could see 4 people fishing together at about the area I had planed to finish,when I eventually got to them I noticed it was a party of 3 and number 4 was a young lad fishing alone some 50 yards passed them. Saying hello etc I carried on towards the young boy who looked to be having a little trouble with his set up,he had been struggling all that time and nobody offering to help him,asking if he wanted help the smile on his face said it all. turned out he was on holiday and his gran had just bought him a rod and reel so he could have a go at fishing,closer inspection I found the line hadn't been put under bail arm when setting up so no wonder he couldn't reel in etc, and a a rig all he'd done was tied the lead and hook straight onto main line about 2 inches apart, a quick delve in my seat box and I 5 mins I had him set up with a new rig and weight,showed him how to cast and bait up. At 10 I suggested he pack up as the water was racing in and it was getting to dark for him.he was so made uo with the help he's going to have another go tomorrow, so the reason I'm writing this is,if your out on any beach and see any youngster fishing alone,stop and make sure their ok,it only took me 5 mins to help him out,the 3 fishing a few yards away hadn't even noticed. And I feel better knowing that young lad left the beach safetly,sorry for such a long winded story.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13669

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm welling up!

Nice one Al !
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9182

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Well done Al.
Inspiring stuff.

If you get a minute, I'd be interested in a few tips too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8075

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am

Good work Al, fancy taking over the junior section?
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

Number of posts : 274
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5017

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm

darklord wrote:
I hate to sound like a killjoy here, and although all you did was to help a young lad, you took a hell of a risk. Unfortunately in this modern world a lot of people, especially protective parents, are too quick to judge people's motives and will immediately jump to wrong conclusions. Anybody who works with kids will know the amount of checks you have to go through nowadays is massive.
It's a sad world that we live in, when going to help a child is treated with mistrust, but you here about it all the time. I hope this doesn’t put people off helping kids, but just be careful. It's hard to reason with an angry parent or guardian when they think that their child at risk.

They can do as many checks as they like when youve got nothing to hide Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13905

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 pm

It will only end when they've got us to stay in bed all day with a sign on the inside of the front door saying 'Do not open its dangerous out there !'.
Actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea lol!
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8075

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Good reply Al cheers

Im only joking about the juniors.

The reason i insist on the kids being accompanied by an adult all the time is to avoid situations where my intentions could be called into question or people can turn nasty when little jimmy doesnt have a nice time.

I can only think that this kids guardians had no idea of the danger that he was potentially in which is why an organised meeting such as the matches i hold are an ideal way to introduce kids to the world of angling and a number of different venues, including how and when they should be fished.

Lets hope they read this or he goes into Jokers and is pointed in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:24 pm

What a sad sad world we live in. scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7870

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:48 pm

What an interesting topic. I will put my pennies worth in. Although I agree that it is a sad world we live in unfortunately there are people out there who are looking for the opportunity to take advantage of these situations which puts a question mark against all of us. Congratulations on helping this kid out and your good intentions but the law has changed not because of people like you and all the other people on this forum but because of a few very nasty people who we read about in the newspapers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a helping hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: a helping hand   a helping hand Empty

Back to top Go down

a helping hand
Page 1 of 1