sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No more rocks for me(well i don't think so)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
donutbob
Pollock Hunter

Number of posts : 102
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4553

No more rocks for me(well i don't think so) Empty
PostSubject: No more rocks for me(well i don't think so)   No more rocks for me(well i don't think so) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Struggling to type this due to a badly swollen and painful wrist, read on.
Arrived Sat at Penmon one hour before low to do some early lure fishing. First spot the outcrop going towards the lighthouse. We picked our way towards the end and set up for the last of the ebb. The water was fairly clear so hopes were high.
After about an hour i turned to change the lure and down i went, i didn't slip just tripped. I forgot how sharp these barnacle covered rocks can be. Both hands, arms and knees lacerated, blood all over.(ain't it funny how your first thoughts are, is anybody watching, human nature i suppose.) Lucky i didn't fall a bit further on as there was a crevice 6-8 ft deep, now that would have been messy.
After cleaning up and dusting down we moved to a safer spot, well safer for me anyway. I hadn't come all this way for nothing so we carried on until 4pm.
No luck with the lures so tried the float, nothing doing there as well. Not to be outdone i set up a simple running leger with a 1oz lead on my 8ft spinning rod as all heavier tackle had been left at home. Only bait was frozen lug and raw prawns. Guess what, no joy on this gear as well. First blank of the year. My two mates also blanked. However lovely day to be out, better than the forecast. Looking forward to tje next session, beach only i think.
Moral of this story, know your limits.
Regards Steve.

PostSubject: Re: No more rocks for me(well i don't think so)   No more rocks for me(well i don't think so) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:14 pm

top effort for trying though mate
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13658

PostSubject: Re: No more rocks for me(well i don't think so)   No more rocks for me(well i don't think so) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more rocks for me(well i don't think so)   No more rocks for me(well i don't think so) Empty

Back to top Go down

No more rocks for me(well i don't think so)
Page 1 of 1