bad start very good ending

Go down 
+2
Notbad
congerman1962
6 posters
AuthorMessage

bad start very good ending Empty
PostSubject: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:51 am

My youngest lad freddie he is only six wonted to come with me today so first job was to drive up to jokers to collect my fresh peeler. had the craic with joe and logger then set of back on myself to mostyn the extra 60 miles was worth it to get top bait cheers joe.Me and logger and is lad jack parked up at the pub by the ship , my little lad freddie was not feeling to good and started to get a temperature and felt sick .So drove all the way back to stoke to leave him in the loving arms of is mum . 180 miles and not wet a line yet . knowing my lad was well looked after i set of for mostyn again i must be bloody mad. arrived back at mostyn at half one. logger had drove back up to fish deganwy when i went back to stoke because he didnt know mostyn to well sorry about that mate. i was soon joined by my mate dave gt and graham, are plan was to fish two hour each side of high found a nice gully to the left of the ship pegs 1 to 5 be warned though very muddy be carefull. loaded my two hook flapper size 1s with fresh peeler on one rod and fresh rag tipped with squid on the other,secound cast nice plaice on rag and squid . not spent like you would expect this time of year put ,plump must have been feeding well since spawned .
bad start very good ending 003-2
bad start very good ending 004-2
bad start very good ending 005-2
bad start very good ending 006-1
Cut a long story short the action was short lived i dont think the realy small tide was helping maters the baits where being stripped at a very fast rate even the peeler was nailed by the crabs.Graham and dave gt both blanked and they had fresh peeler as well. then on my last cast another nice plaice on peeler not much markings on this one put it was plump as well thats tea sorted for my family. nice to see you again dave and graham
bad start very good ending 006-1
Dave and graham gone home i was going have a bit more action so walked back towards the higher peg numbers towards the sewers to fish a couble of hours in the dark on the ebbing tide.The wind dropped and it went very still and quite i could even here my crabs scratching in the coolbox . bit erie on mostyn pitch black and not another angler in site , i love sea fishing so bad i think i am obsessed.anyway first cast had a nice rattle then missed it then nothing next two casts then i had a nice flattie couldnt make out if it was plaice our flounder as it fell off as i was just about lift it out doooooo. then i nice silver eel
bad start very good ending 008-2
then on my last cast i had a cracking bite on peeler lifting my but of the stand ,reeling in a could feel the nodding of a good fish then twenty feet from the side it went solid tought you bar stool, give it a bit of slack line not moving then went further up tide to pull on a differnt angle no good,so pulled for a break then it came un snagged got it to the side my size one was just nicked in the side of its mouth lucky our what it was a long fish fish but lean i say about three pounds
bad start very good ending 009-2
on that note i left on a high , my kids will be happy as they love fresh fish good times ,
got home for 12 oclock had a couble cans of pop
bad start very good ending 002-2[IMG]https://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x371/ta
hope this fuel doesnt run out till next time
bad start very good ending 010-2[img]https://i1178.photobucket.com/al
bad start very good ending 007-3
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6695

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Well done mate on the fish sorry about the mix up with the phone numbers the rods are safe here till your over this way Wink hows the lad now hope he is better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:37 pm

no probs clive . See you soon pal Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 pm

me and family just ate the fish yum yum
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Dedication, fish deserved!
Back to top Go down
donutbob
Pollock Hunter

Number of posts : 102
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4560

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:12 pm

As Notbad says, dedication, dedication, dedication pays off(most of the time) Nice one.
Steve.

Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Nice fish mate you deserved them after all that (git) Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 am

thanks logger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 am

great report and well done on the fish Cool and pics,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 am

That's some travelling but a well deserved catch in the end Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:50 pm

peg 4 mate Smile
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8072

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Well done on the fish, well deserved after all that travelling!
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9179

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Dedication indeed.
A great bag!

Hope Freddie's ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 pm

hes fine ta mike my other two lads jack and alfie got it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bad start very good ending   bad start very good ending Empty

Back to top Go down

bad start very good ending
Page 1 of 1