AuthorMessage
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7139

beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: beads   beads EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:30 am

Thats a question I have never thought of. Personally I always use the larger beads but this is because I use the same beads for a stop on a running ledger.

Do smaller beads generally attract smaller fish ? "Does size matter" ? Is colour or luminance more important ? scratch
Back to top Go down

beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: beads   beads EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 am

think it all depends on what rigs you are making , if its beads to stop the knot or swivel pulling through then as small as possible so its more streamlined for casting if its for flattie rigs then its what works for you i have seen beads made to look like footballs on rigs
Back to top Go down

beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: beads   beads EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:21 am

krissly999 wrote:
DOGGER wrote:
think it all depends on what rigs you are making , if its beads to stop the knot or swivel pulling through then as small as possible so its more streamlined for casting if its for flattie rigs then its what works for you i have seen beads made to look like footballs on rigs
mine will be mailnly for running ledgers
then just big enough to stop the swivel pulling through
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8075

beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: beads   beads EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:59 pm

I use microbeads to trap a swivel between 2 crimps which are small and aerodynamic when trying to cast a long way ( note trying! )

I occasionally put a small ( 5mm ) luminous bead or 2 on the snood as an attractor but havent really found and great improvment in catches doing this. Decent bait will do a lot more than a couple of beads.

For running ledgers i would use a 5mm or 10mm bead to protect the knot to the swivel but am not fussy about which size. I would assume the 10mm would protect the knot more but i use whichever i come to first in my bag of tricks.
Back to top Go down

beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: beads   beads EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 pm

there's no need to really go over 5mm with beads. if you're using them on your snoods to attract fish then a combination of red and yellow (or even orange) work best for most species. white beads work well in winter for the whiting. a couple or sequins go nice with it too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: beads   beads Empty

Back to top Go down

beads
Page 1 of 1