2 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6107
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13659

Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon   Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Rhyl Sunday 1 Feb 2009

On Saturday "you know who" had put over 5 hours in for a solitary rockling.

Sunday’s bright sun and a wind blowing from where the flag tells you didn’t bode well
for anything better when I joined him for a couple of hours over the afternoon High.

Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon Feb109001

Fresh Lug was offered

Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon Feb109004

Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon Feb109003

But even the rockling where having no truck with it,

Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon Feb109005

With the odd snow flake drifting in the air this evening the severe weather warning might not be wrong,
-wonder what the fishing is like inside the Sun Centre?
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9173

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon   Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:15 pm

No Rockling shocker!!!!!!!!

Interesting to see you fishing further West than usual.

Well done for getting out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon   Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

fairziff wrote:

Interesting to see you fishing further West than usual.

a strategic decision -that didn't pay off -

Inexplicably neither of us has tried roving this far westward over High before,
we'll probably try this tactic again though (before the tourists arrive anyway), I'd hoped the shallow river bed that snakes across the beach here might prove a draw but it wasn't to be.
( I'm told this is the river that used to feed the underground gondolier attraction beneath the Queens Arcade)

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=6410521866

Walking back we discovered that the council have opened up a handy new rockling er, I mean cycling, path through the concrete wall with a tarmac'd route skirting the Pavilion car park.

-pity the tea bar wasn't open though.

(looked to be some anglers up at The Point, anybody know if they had better luck than us?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon   Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Well done paul for getting out, great pictures mate.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon   Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:03 pm

ian40nw wrote:

Just followed that link Paul,had no idea that ever existed,is the riverbed you mentioned clearly visible on the beach Question[/quote]

Yes Ian, looks much like a shallow gully but with a thin stream of water running through it, the water is fresh in origin, obviously it is going to pick up sand as it traverses the beach and is covered at High but I'd bet it carries a different scent/taste to the sea gullies ('eau de toilet 'Queens Arcade!) and supports different micro organisms which I'd hoped might draw something resembling a fish within range.

One of Mike's past reports features an eel from in front of the Sun Centre at High, maybe it thought the hint of fresh water was the harbour mouth ?????

There's so much more to being out there than catching rockling!
Rhyl's beach has a lot going on when you look closely, have you seen the 6,000 year old tree stumps?

On Sunday we noticed in the damp sand just above the high tide mark several perfectly formed domes of sand a couple of inches across and in lines about 4 feet apart, we had a quick scrape about to try and identify the source but came to no conclusion as to whether it was bivalves, rotting groyne timbers giving off gases or an alien life form!
- according to a documentary I watched tonight Charles Darwin spent 8 years observing barnacles, I've a way to go yet!

Back to the topic of Rhyl's Little Venice - there's a cafe on Wellington Road called Sidoli's
I think I'm right in saying that the Sidoli's came to Rhyl when real Italians were hired to propel the gondolas.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon   Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:49 am

it's a fascinating card collection you've got Tony, keep 'em coming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon   Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhyl: Sunday Afternoon
Page 1 of 1