sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

gill nets garford road

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

gill nets garford road Empty
PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:35 am

OK according to the information we have, It's not illegal to use nets in the Garford road area.

http://www.nwnwsfc.org/netting_areas/area_1.htm

Provided the nets have a the owners information on the end markers. If there is no information then the EA needs to know about it, call 0800 807060. Or PM me and I will deal with it, or you can also report it throught www.cpwf.co.uk, either way you can remain Anonymous if you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Doesn't matter whats written on the bouy, they're all illegal between 1st april-30th november
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Degs wrote:
Doesn't matter whats written on the bouy, they're all illegal between 1st april-30th november

Not at garford road its outside the non netting area
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:02 am

Degs

I hate gill netting. But Garford Road is outside of the resticted zone, and therefore its not illegal provided the owners details are on the net bouys. The EA are paying attention to this area at the moment, and will no doubt be looking into this net soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:00 pm

More to the point..user name billi bouy ??????????? have you a netter on an angling forum ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Come on guys. It's bad enough that we have netting in the area. Let alone falling out with each other. To know whats right or wrong is difficult when it comes down to local bylaws. We are trying to come to terms with the legalities surrounding nets. And we should not make accusations or insinuations without knowing all of the facts. I like to think that this forum is better than that, with a good level headed membership.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Well, i stand corrected if the nets are outside the zone and and legal, i've no problem with that. never interfered
with a net and not likely to.
Embarassed

Maybe i put my reply on for the craic,to get a response, which it did.
Laughing

Didn't insinuate anything, just asked a question, which you kindly answered, so i've no need to apologise

The breakdown of billibouy is billi and bouy

Degs ,which i've been called for over 30yrs, is short for Derek, i didn't make it up.

and i don't need any pointers to catch fish
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7231

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:49 pm

I had a look at the nets last night, they are attached by ropes to the end of the wooden groynes, and the marker buoys have a mobile phone number on them. I don`t know if these factors have any impact on their legallity, but they are the same nets that were set here last year, and a lot of dead fish were left in the gulley near to them for several weeks last summer. These included dogfish, mullet, smoothhounds, and flounders, we also found a dying bull huss nearby, which was taken home by one of the local bait diggers, and weighed at over twenty pounds!
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8074

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Ive heard there is a section of disgarded net near the low water mark along this stretch.

It had a coule of Mullet and some Smoothies in it last night that had been left to rot.

Could this be the net that Phil Capper cut up last week and if so, who is responsible for removing it from the beach???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:07 pm

headwyn wrote:
Ive heard there is a section of disgarded net near the low water mark along this stretch.

It had a coule of Mullet and some Smoothies in it last night that had been left to rot.

Could this be the net that Phil Capper cut up last week and if so, who is responsible for removing it from the beach???

I doubt very much that phil capper would have left any net on the beach kev .he would have removed all signs of it as part of his role as a fisheries officer.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8074

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Steve wrote:
I doubt very much that phil capper would have left any net on the beach kev .he would have removed all signs of it as part of his role as a fisheries officer.

What i meant was did the 3 lads whose net it was remove it or just dump the bits.

My old man was down there and saw what went on. Great respect to Phil for going down and tackling the 3 lads on his own but as you can understand, he didnt hang around out on the low water mark for too long, and the lads were collecting up the bits of net when he left.

If they did just dump the bits, and its those that are still there, can someone be done for tidying them up is does Phil have to come out and deal with it?

As i havent seen it myself, i cant phone him with exact details of where it is, but a couple of people have mentioned it to me, knowing that i have been known to spend an unhealthy amount of time on the beach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gill nets garford road   gill nets garford road Empty

Back to top Go down

gill nets garford road
Page 1 of 1