3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13654

Are you sitting comfortably? Empty
PostSubject: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 1:32 pm

I've skipped a couple of carp fishing reports from my recent sessions, conscious that it was all much the same story and they are  outnumbering sea reports.

However when the weather has been  willing things have been happening, in particular I've been refurbishing a second hand fishing barrow I picked up cheap and putting thought into what else I might need to do to stand a chance of not embarrassing myself too much if I entered an open match ( The last time I was in a freshwater match I was in school!)

A few weeks ago I went along to watch a weigh in to see how that works ( the winning weight record has been broken twice recently at Cheshire Oaks Fishery)

Yesterday I fished there on a leisure trip to try out my new seat box which includes a back support and see if the footplate, extending accessory bar that will hold 4 keepnets if need be and various bits and bobs will work together.

After catching a few on an "old school" cage feeder baited with sweetcorn, I stepped out of my comfort zone switching to a Preston Innovations ICS stem and tried "The Method" for the first time and another first for me, banded wafters.

An experimental day for me then, a few changes to make, just 14 carp and 2 barbel, the biggest and last carp of the day being caught on a wafter, didn't weigh it but I think the pic doesn't quite do it justice.

Are you sitting comfortably? 20230818

A few things to adjust yet.

Are you sitting comfortably? 20230819

Are you sitting comfortably? 20230821

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 9:17 am

Well done Paul. (I bought a tin of salted caramel wafers in Tesco’s sweet counter the other day they were delicious 🤥).
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4968

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 10:44 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Well done Paul. (I bought a tin of salted caramel wafers in Tesco’s sweet counter the other day they were delicious 🤥).

You may need to change your Monica to
'Finny Haddock' lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13654

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 12:21 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:

Lucky for you I didn't try bloodworm flavour then!

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 9:51 am

Worm 😂😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you sitting comfortably?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Fresh Water Fishing :: Fresh Water Fishing Reports and Chat-
Jump to: