Go down 
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

Tackle Review  Century Eliminator T1000 Empty
PostSubject: Tackle Review Century Eliminator T1000    Tackle Review  Century Eliminator T1000 EmptySat May 13, 2023 9:53 am

13 years ago I treated myself to a Century TT Low Diameter and teamed it with a Shimano fixed spool 14000, both have been faultless ever since and used for most of my clean beach shore fishing. The Shimano has had next to no maintenance but never let me down, a 14000 reel maybe looks a bit big on the TTLD
rod but when the tide floods the gulley's on a shallow sandy beach it has the line capacity and grunt to let me retreat paying out line as I go and
still wind in.

For a while I've been wanting a "big brother" for it from the Century stable for use on rough ground.

When a used Century Eliminator T1000 came up on auction I put a bid in and it was mine for far less than the cost of a new one which is around £700.

One of the things that attracted about this rod is that the livery is a close match to my LD.
 Tackle Review  Century Eliminator T1000 20230425

The courier delivered it packed in a cardboard tube and in its original Century rod bag, however it could probably have done with some extra padding as the tube had signs of damage in transit, a ring liner had broken - the bits where in the rod bag.

Tackle Review  Century Eliminator T1000 20230424

A few years ago I had a mid ring replacement done by Foxon's in St Asaph and the quality of finish was outstanding, so I took the rod in there and they found a second liner had also cracked and was ready to fall out.

Renee quoted a very reasonable repair cost including two new rings and the seller agreed to pay for it.

Once again the repair was impossible to detect.

The T1000 is a heavy, brute of a rod, I'm never going to bend it enough to
get remotely close to the distance tournament casters get out of it ( over 260 metres) but that is not why
I bought it.

It's not the rod for Splashpoint but I put the 14000 on and took it there to get the feel of it.

Tackle Review  Century Eliminator T1000 20230516

Tackle Review  Century Eliminator T1000 20230517

On the second cast the rig detached from the leader, probably a bad knot rather than anything to do with unleashing the power!

Went out again at Low and recovered the lead and rig.

Tackle Review  Century Eliminator T1000 20230518

No fish caught yet so can't comment on bite sensitivity, but the weight and strength are evident.
Whereas with the TTLD you feel the weight pluck from the sand and you can feel the shape of the sandbank as you bring the lead in the Eliminator is having none of that - the lead and hopefully a big fish is coming in whether it wants to or not -on a clean beach anyway- I look forward to trying it out on the rough ground I got it for.

Tackle Review Century Eliminator T1000
Page 1 of 1