4 posters
AuthorMessage
Artycaughtnowt
Anchovy Hunter
Artycaughtnowt

Number of posts : 3
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 385

Old Fisherman, Babbling on. Empty
PostSubject: Old Fisherman, Babbling on.   Old Fisherman, Babbling on. EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 1:20 pm

Hi Everyone
My user name is Arfurcaughtnowt that`s most likely cause it`s true.
I do most of my fishing from piers, jetties and the shore, although I do like boat fishing when I can get the chance to get on a boat, difficult most of the time because usually groups charter the whole boat and understandably do NOT want strangers sharing the boat with them.
Well here I am and I am looking forward to going to Rhyl this coming Sunday to fish with the Skipper Rob from Merlin Sea Angling (weather permitting).
Just stocked up on a couple of new boat rods and reels, my old gear is ancient a lot like me :<)
In what spare time I have also been casting a fair amount of weights which has a trial run I have powder coated and some have been painted luminous green, I have also stocked up on Lures, the flexible plastic kind that have infused natural scents, NOT sure how those will work out? but the Squid and Crab lures are quite big, so it will take a BIG fish to have a go at them.
I have also had a go at making my own cocktail baits, Baby Squid and Prawn, Prawn and Mussel, Mackerel and Mussel.
So like folk say ALL THE GEAR NO IDEA, I will hopefully take LOTS of photos of all the REALLY BIG fish I catch (Yea right) assuming I don`t drop my phone overboard whilst up-chucking the contents of my stomach overboard, also I can only hope my BAD BACK holds up to bringing all these MONSTER fish aboard that I am going to catch (A BIG YEA again there :<)
As anyone ever used these flexible natural infused scent plastic lures before, and can they REALLY attract the fish like they say on the packet? or do I just chuck them in the bin on Monday morning after trying and FAILING as usual to catch ANY fish never mind Monster fish.
Please post comments either good, bad or indifferent, I promise to soak up and learn from good comments, ignore the bad ones and be completely indifferent to any others. lol!
So all out there tight lines and good fishing.

ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Old Fisherman, Babbling on.   Old Fisherman, Babbling on. EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 2:09 pm

You'll fit right in here I suspect!

Very Happy

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

PostSubject: Re: Old Fisherman, Babbling on.   Old Fisherman, Babbling on. EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 5:33 pm

Notbad wrote:
You'll fit right in here I suspect!

Very Happy

I had the same thought thumbs up

My new rod ring tip has arrived today. I thought I was being adventurous by going for a luminous one. Arty clearly at a different level!

Let us know how this experimentation goes Arty. I have had the view that artificial crab would be better in areas of clearer water so am interested to hear how well it will fish here.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Old Fisherman, Babbling on.   Old Fisherman, Babbling on. EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 8:59 am

I hope it goes well on Sunday Arty. cth cth cth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Fisherman, Babbling on.   Old Fisherman, Babbling on. Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Fisherman, Babbling on.
Page 1 of 1